Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Trade Sticks for Pipe/+accessories?

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
So, as much as I love my cigars, I've been drawn more and more lately to picking up a pipe. I have smoked one before (though not having my own, I'm no expert), and I really want to have my own. Right now, however, I just don't have any extra cash put out for a pipe. So, if anybody here has a good-condition (doesn't have to be new) pipe that they wish to trade, I'm offering any or all of the following:

1 Gurkha Black Dragon Tubo
2 Padilla Habanos
1 Graycliff 1666
1 Diesel Unholy Cocktail
EDIT: If none of these interest you, or you want something more (in exchange for comparable equipment, let me know)

I know it's not an impressive offering, but I'm also not trying to trade for anything high-class. I don't want a corncob, and I like a bit of curve to my pipe (versus straight "billiard" style), but I'm open to discussions. I've seen some decent looking pipes for $20, which I'd be ok with if you just want to buy that and then trade - I just don't have the $20 myself. Any accessories that may be thrown in (pipe tamper, filters, cleaner, anything) are also great. Anybody???

Photobucket
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and if anybody can tell me why any of pix that I post here are blown up so huge, despite how small the original image is, that'd be great.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Discussing pipe trades on a cigar site. I don't have a problem with it but that's interesting. Wish I had a pipe to trade with you. Good luck.
    docedwards:
    Discussing pipe trades on a cigar site. I don't have a problem with it but that's interesting. Wish I had a pipe to trade with you. Good luck.
    Lol I'm still trading cigars, and I'm far from the only one on Ccom that also enjoys a pipe..

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Hays:
    Oh, and if anybody can tell me why any of pix that I post here are blown up so huge, despite how small the original image is, that'd be great.
    I hope I can shed some light into this image issue. Photobucket will automatically scale your images for you. Your current image on photobucket is 800 x 600 pixels, but your actual image is 1600 x 1200 pixels. Since this web page display is not as wide as your image, it can only display the image from it's left side, top. That is the 'default' setting for any table in a web browser.

Since the image is being displayed it a forum, the web browser can not 'auto resize' the image, as some browsers normally do.

In short, your image is simply too big. If you can, use an image editor to resize the image to 600 pixels wide and it will show your entire image. You can get some free image editors that can be used for this. Do a Google for Photoscape and have a look.

And I do enjoy my pipe, but it's not for trade, sorry. I've had it for at least 20 years now.

Thanks bro... I've actually tried this before, but for some reason this is the first time this has worked. Maybe I was doing something wrong before, but either way it's working now...so Thanks again!

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docedwards:
    Many of us here enjoy smoking pipes and this is far from the first discussion on them. Offering up cigars for pipes seems to me to fit in well in my opinion.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    No problem. I run into that all the time with websites that I help out on. Gets even trickier when you have to write the code yourself. Glad I could help with the image issue.

• badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Hays. I currently have 3 pipes and enjoy smoking them on occasion. I will send you a pm and we can discuss some options Dan
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hayes PM me working on something for you.