Home Non Cigar Related

not quite cigar related

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You totally missed your chance at a PTFTW there :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Dude are you having fun tormenting me lol!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Right after 9/11 there were some Muslim leaders in the US that did stand-up and say that the attack wasn't what Islam was about. But I think some of them did this b/c they were sacred sh**less since there were a few attacks on Muslims or those that looked Muslim, which is ignorance in itself. Even after Katrina you had a Weird Beard in Iran say that Allah sent it to punish the US for the war, again ignorance.

Media controls the way we think b/c we let it. We can only blame ourselves on this one. If we didn't watch it or made a large stand against it they would change the view on most subjects. It's not easy to find objective news anymore. If you want news you have to research and verify sources to find the real info.
    oh yeah.. one more thing about MSNBC... I love Keith Olberman on SportsCenter. On politics, he's a jackass
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    That means you're watching Fox News. I watched CNN for a while, but I find it too liberal. I like the news on MSNBC. The only thing that bothers me about MSNBC is the fact that a lot of stuff comes from the Washington Post, which also leans left. I've never liked Fox News because it leans so hard to the right.
    i dont watch fox news. I dont even get that channel on my TV
    hmm... next time some crackpot Muslim blows something up, I'll send you an interview with a religious leader about the attack, and how it contradicts Muslim principles. Now to wait for an attack.... what to do while we wait? Brew a pot of coffee? Nah, that will take too long ;)
    dutyje:
    hmm... next time some crackpot Muslim blows something up, I'll send you an interview with a religious leader about the attack, and how it contradicts Muslim principles. Now to wait for an attack.... what to do while we wait? Brew a pot of coffee? Nah, that will take too long ;)
    an atack on american soil or anywhere in the world?
    as far as news being political...

everyone has an agenda. EVERYONE. as long as you are up front with your agenda im ok with it. thats why i dont watch the mainstream news. they all say they are "just the facts" but we all seem to agree that is not the case.
    I do listen to Rush. He too has an agenda. But he tells you that he is conservative and he is promoting consevative ideas. If there was a guy on the left doing the same thing (maybe there is and i havent found him/her yet, i have been looking) id listen to them. as long as i know where they are comming from and they are honest about it, its all good to me.
    Well, let's hope nothing happens. I would think that if it was in the US there may be a few that say something against it and the beliefs behind it but you will have more in the middle east that will say we deserved it.
    Keith Olbermann is the anti-Rush Limbaugh. Listen to both of them and you'll be forced to create your own opinions. I hate them both equally. But it is a good point that at least they are up-front with their agenda.
    Olberman makes me sick. I think he is outrageously duplicitous and crass. Rush is usually pompous but I think he has been around long enough to to understand. Olberman should go back to ESPN or just quit period.

Anyone listen to Neal Boortz? Now that's a good show.
    Boortz is the man!
    sounds familiar but i guess ive missed the show. what time is Boortz on?
    Boortz is on the radio, live in the am, usually 10 - 1. boortz.com...you can look up the station in the area.
    kuzi16:
    sounds familiar but i guess ive missed the show. what time is Boortz on?
    Boortz is the guy behind the fair tax book.
    I get to hear him in few days. I always read his site each day but he talks about so much more.
    Him and Congressman John Linder of GA wrote the Fairtax book. Linder is the one who first put HR25 in for a bill. Unfortunately it hasn't gone any where.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i vow to never get into a political argument on this forum i get way to angry about it
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    i vow to never get into a political argument on this forum i get way to angry about it
    There's no need to get angry. Politics is one of those areas that gets pretty heated in no time at all, so arguments are unavoidable. However, I don't think you should ever take it personally or get angry about it... hell, if anything I enjoy a good argument because the guys on here are mature enough to understand that it is nothing more than opinion for the most part and let that be. Makes for some interesting discussion as well and you can learn a thing or twenty.
    oh i love a good argument i just hate how mad i get about politics i think ill form my own party! the cigar party!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll join...provided we don't talk politics or religion.
    j0z3r:
    sounds good!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    And threes a crowd President, Vice President, Chairman of Alcohol Firearms and Tobacco.. any other cabinet members ?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    And threes a crowd President, Vice President, Chairman of Alcohol Firearms and Tobacco.. any other cabinet members ?

I don't know if I'd like to be a Cabinet member... I'm more of a hands on/In the field kinda guy... I'll be with the people, an ambassador if you will.

Nate: Executive in charge of Developmental Studies: Stripper Research
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:

I don't know if I'd like to be a Cabinet member... I'm more of a hands on/In the field kinda guy... I'll be with the people, an ambassador if you will.

Nate: Executive in charge of Developmental Studies: Stripper Research
    That works too. Already we are expanding our contributions to society.
    well this seems to be starting out very well!
    I'll take an Ambassadorship: Nicaragua, Honduras, or even Cuba!
    I'll be the treasurer. Everyone turn your cigar budgets over to me and I'll buy and "evenly" divide it back among everyone.

Oh wait this was non-political not communist, my bad.
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    i'll join the party, ...
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    how about this... everyone write me in in the next election, under the newly formed cigar party... it'd be pretty funny to hear something like that on the news
    sackerma:
    how about this... everyone write me in in the next election, under the newly formed cigar party... it'd be pretty funny to hear something like that on the news
    but im already president but i took political science in college for awhile maybe i should run...