Home Cigar 101

Humidifier Size

I just purchased http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/CIGAR-HUMIDORS/MEDIUM-HUMIDORS/THE-HARLEQUIN-125-COUNT-HUMIDOR/76379/sc/8392/c/8392/pc/8389.uts it has a triple humidification system, but I like using the beads. My question is, would the 250 count humidifier be to much to put in a 125 count humidor? Or would that be ok. My RH seems to be a little high when I use all 3 and even still a little high when I use 2. So I was thinking of just using the humidifier that  is good for 250. Would that be to much or would that be no problem. I use a 50count humidifier in my 25 count humidor, and RH is perfect.

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Since you mentioned beads, i'm going to assume you're referring to the humidification pucks that are filled with beads? If so, beads are hygroscopic - they both absorb and release humidity. Having a puck meant for a 250ct in a 125ct will humidify just fine, and as long as you don't overcharge the beads, it'll just keep your humidity rock-steady.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Yes thats exactly what i meant. Thanks.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Glad to be of assistance my friend :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨