Home General Discussion

Metal pans for KL in CC300

There are some small cookie sheets at Walmart that would fit and really expose a lot of surface area of the KL.  They would take up much less space and I could put one top and bottom.  What I am wondering is if they would rust.  They are steel.  They also have coated nonstick ones too.  Is the 65-68% rh that is steady enough to cause rust?  I haven't been able to find plastic trays that are the right size and depth.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they are stainless steel, yes they will Rust eventually.
    Now......
    What's KL?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitty Litter is the only thing I can think of, could be something else though I so pose.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • mpomariompomario Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yea I had thought of the box lid, i just haven't found one the right size yet.  Looking now. I found a place to order some drip trays online but they are a little pricey for what they are.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked for something in plastic or ceramic?
    I have looked everywhere.  I need something I can fit under a drawer in its lowest position. I may just have to cut a plastic container down.
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I just use bov 65% packs in mine makes it easier to keep the right RH and just have extra ones recharging to switch them out when needed
    arch72 said:
    I just use bov 65% packs in mine makes it easier to keep the right RH and just have extra ones recharging to switch them out when needed
    How many do you use?  
    I found these just now. And they should fit perfectly.  Bonsai!  
    http://www.evesgardengifts.com/Bonsai-Humidity-Tray-11x13-p/70244.htm

Would these fit?
    Those are just a tad to big. Those were what I was looking for initially, but couldn't find ones that were narrow enough.  11 x 13 gives about a 1/4 inch space to accommodate the rounded corners inside.
    btw, I was thinking I might need a fan for better circulation but since it has warmed up a little here in Texas, the fan kicks on more set at 65 degrees and it has been pretty consistent top to bottom.  How's yours doing Arch?
    Mine is doing good I use boveda 65% 60 gram I have 5 or 6 of them in it right now but I only have 100 cigars or so in it. Working on getting more lol CAS is trying to get me lol
    Glad your is doing well.  The KL is working great for me. I think I may throw some of my 65% Bovedas in to stabilize even further.  I think I am going to go with these Bonsai humidity trays to transfer the KL to.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=bonsai+humidity+tray&sprefix=bonsai+hum,aps,194&crid=2LNLN64RH6ZY0&rh=i:aps,k:bonsai+humidity+tray
    CAS is real.  I have around 200 sticks now and just hit the B&M today again.  I may have to get a card just for cigars :)
    I would have more cigars but  money is tight right right now
    I ended up getting one of these with my gift cards from Bday.  A little pricey but free to me.  They fit good.  A little tight, but hold quite a bit of KL.  I found another tray from an old toaster oven and put it at  the top.  
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00653W00Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the Medical Tattoo Dental Piercing Instrument come with it, would like to see that unit, glad you are getting set up @mpomario
    A little dirt never hurt
    No. Just the tray, but I think you can buy kits as the tray came with an order form for a variety of tattoo tools.  
    The fans are cooler guys fans I added to circulate the air a bit better.  It hasn't really made any difference in RH distribution but has made the temperature rock solid. There is a speed controller for the fans that leads to the outside of the unit.   The temp. on hygros I have read exactly the same as the digital readout on the unit.  The trays of KL are at the top and bottom.  Neither the hygro that came with the unit or the replacement they sent worked. I have gotten used to the different RH zones that are occuring and have learned to just set or remove a Boveda pack into the level that needs adjustment.