Home General Discussion

TV/Movie inspired cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

Other than the Sopranos.... are there any cigars that were inspired/marketed for or with TV shows or Movies?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sons of Anarchy, Duck Dynasty that I'm aware of. SOA is a pretty decent smoke, DD not so much!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't there some Orange County Chopper cigars a while back?  Never had one, but a faint memory is there in my knoggin.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

peter4jc said:
    Weren't there some Orange County Chopper cigars a while back?  Never had one, but a faint memory is there in my knoggin.

YEAH! They were a MOW stick! lol

cbuck said:
    Sons of Anarchy, Duck Dynasty that I'm aware of. SOA is a pretty decent smoke, DD not so much!

I remember those.... I was looking at the DD sticks when they first started coming out but figured people who make plastic quack probably don't know s**t about cigars. LOL
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Chris, good to see you back, was hoping the Flat Eath thread didn't  push you over the side
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Hey Chris, good to see you back, was hoping the Flat Eath thread didn't  push you over the side

Ive been here... just lurking. :) Ive been mentally preoccupied with a lot recently so I haven't been as active.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobalu has that series of Trump Victory Cigars. ... That should qualify in the reality TV category
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's the Scarface cigarillos, hardly worth bothering with at 4.0" x 26.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I was never able to get into cigarillos... they just seemed like a waste to me. LOL
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Opus X Lost City
    I saw @peter4jc smoking a Lucious Lyon cigar, I didn't know he was such an Empire fan.  

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I enjoy the OCC cigars.  Have a partial box on the cabinet.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    KCW said:
    Opus X Lost City
    Forgot about that one. Has anybody here on the forum actually seen the movie?
    "The Lost City"
    I've read about how the tobacco used to make these cigars was actually a by-product of the movie, but I don't recall anyone claiming to have seen the movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343996/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
     I enjoy the OCC cigars.  Have a partial box on the cabinet.
    About three years old now and very good IMO.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I saw @peter4jc smoking a Lucious Lyon cigar, I didn't know he was such an Empire fan.  

Good catch, Chris!  That one came from @jliu ... so I'm not the Empire Guy.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i keep wanting to say luscious lion.  sounds kinda kinky
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    i keep wanting to say luscious lion.  sounds kinda kinky
    That was my nickname in college....
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    KCW said:
    Opus X Lost City
    "The Lost City"
    I've read about how the tobacco used to make these cigars was actually a by-product of the movie, but I don't recall anyone claiming to have seen the movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343996/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    I read something a while back that there was a scene that needed to be shot with plants at a certain height, and the Fuentes planted a small crop for that movie. Allegedly this was an unusual time in the growing season, and the crop was surprisingly good, and became the tobacco for Lost City cigars. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    I may have to rent this on Amazon video, if it's a good movie.

• jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    KCW said:
    Opus X Lost City
    "The Lost City"
    Even though the critics were harsh on this movie I actually liked it. Was it an Oscar worthy flick? No, but I appreciated Andy Garcia's passion to tell this story.
  • geraldinesmithgeraldinesmith Posts: 3
    cbuck said:
    I agree about SOA.
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    KCW said:
    Opus X Lost City
    "The Lost City"
    I saw and own it.  Got it on BD for less than $10 I think but to be honest I haven't watched it on that format.  Saw it on DVD years ago.  Decent movie.  Carlito is in the movie but a non speaking part.