Home General Discussion

OKAY, LISTEN UP!!

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Pay close attention, Troop. Ya wouldn't want to miss out. 

There's currently a herf in the planning stage. It's gonna be at my house and is scheduled for Saturday, 4/22/17. So far, there are five potential attendees (including myself, of course). The other four are @Yakster, @WayneC, @jbohon, and @Jliu

I've got plenty of space on the patio and in the yard and plenty (I think) of seating. I'll also open my liquor cabinet but I'm afraid I'm so ignorant when it comes to beer that I couldn't possibly guess what kind to have on hand for you beer drinkers. I'm open to suggestions. 

I'll also have on hand a brand new/used bocce ball set for your amusement. What the hell is brand new/used you ask?  Well, I'll tell ya. I'm the third owner of this set.  But it's never been used.  The original owner bought it new but never got around to using it. So he gave it to his nephew. 

His nephew never used it, either, and his wife made him sell it because it was taking up closet space that she wanted to use. And then I came along and bought it. The story continues but by now everyone including myself is tired of it. 

So break out your calendars, folks, and see how many of you might want to attend. At this point, nothing's chiseled in granite but there'll come a time when the plan will have to be firmed up. 

Let me know your thoughts, please....  B)

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you lived closer to me.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do, too. But, hey, that's why we have airplanes. 

I know, I know. I won't put up with the TSA boolsheet either....  :#
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if you had some rattlesnakes, that might get @Stubble to head your way.

Sounds like fun.  You were a great host for those of us who came in October!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited April 2017
    Thanks, @peter4jc. But that was 6 months ago. A few changes since then. 

And if snakes are what it takes, I'm sure that can be arranged. We've got snattlerakes around here, too, ya know....  :)

So, shall I put you on the list of attendees, @peter4jc ?
    Post edited by jlmarta on
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless something arises, put me down. Look forward to seeing you both again.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn i need more notice.  Your back yard is amazing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Wylaff said:
    Unless something arises, put me down. Look forward to seeing you both again.
    Gladly, my friend. You iz on da list.....  :D

Damn i need more notice.  Your back yard is amazing.
    More notice?  Three weeks isn't enough?  Well, crapola. I'm sorry about that. Maybe you can work an angle. Chicago folks are known for workin' angles, aren't they?  
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more time to butter up the wife to let me go.  I should have been more clear.  I do also need to put my time in one month in advance, this I can get around.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    @jlmarta you can count me in. I'll be there. Looking forward to it!!! 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more time to butter up the wife to let me go.  I should have been more clear.  I do also need to put my time in one month in advance, this I can get around.
    Just tell Colleen Marty is building a flood wall and needs your help
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was even 1 state closer I'd show up.....
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    If I was even 1 state closer I'd show up.....
    Well, shoot. Brett lives in Colorado and he made it to the last herf.  :#
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the Coach of the Giants I must sadly decline since Baseball season is underway, even if it is little league lol. I wished i could make it, way too much going on. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    I applaud your ethic, Paul @TNBigfoot68. Wish I'd had the patience to try something like that when I was young. It's good for the kids, it's good for you. How can ya lose on a deal like that?

Maybe you'll be able to make it out this way another time. I hope so....  :D
    I would go, but @jliu scares me
    Aaaaahh, Jiunn's a pussycat.  :#
    Okay, here's the list of attendees as I have it so far:

WayneC

jbohon

Yakster

Jliu

Wylaff

Waternerd?

Everyone's welcome. If you'd like to join us, please let me know and I'll add your name to the list. 

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to bring the family with me.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Oooohh....  The whole family?  Dogs and in-laws too??   :p
    Yeah, they're hard to housebreak.....  I've heard others say the same thing. 
    Here's the revised list:

WayneC

jbohon

Yakster

Jliu

Wylaff + family (edit)

Waternerd?

Any other changes?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bringing my Wife. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How close are you to Indianan again? 
    Yakster said:
    I'm bringing my Wife. 
    Excellent!  So noted. 
    How close are you to Indianan again? 
    Just a plane ticket away. Or, to be more specific, 2128.5 miles from Yuba City, CA to, say, Elkhart, IN. Come join the festivities...  B)
    The latest:

WayneC

jbohon

Yakster + wife (edit)

Jliu

Wylaff + family (edit)

Waternerd?

There's still room for more.....  :p

• WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    My wife would like to join as well.