Home Cigar 101

Is Cigar.com still functioning?

RichieSansRichieSans Posts: 1
I placed an online order 2 months ago. I still have not recd anything. I called once and got through. I was told there was a backlog. I tried calling several times after that and I can never get through no matter how long I wait on the phone. I still get their magazines in the mail and their message now says each week they did an upgrade over the week end and are experiencing delays. I have a feeling they are going out of business. Time to try a new online distributor.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think things are alright, wish I had Andy's email address handy

Try these

Sarah Stern | Quality Assurance Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 x872 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
    Andrew Dzikoski  andyd@cigar.com
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made several orders in the last few weeks and had no problems getting them.
    And when I've called, I've had no problem getting someone.

So I'm not sure I understand the problem.
    Are folks really having trouble calling them?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things seem to be back on track, I've ordered and received daily specials promptly in recent days, but maybe your order got lost in the shuffle:

From another thread:

Bob_Luken said:
    At this time,.......I'd like to suggest that the forum regulars not "vigorously engage" new members who are venting their frustrations over the recent problems at ccom and CI. I know some of their whining is BS and I know that asking this of you is similar to herding cats but, let's cut them some slack this time around. We all know that the typical whining complaints we usually see directed at ccom are mostly BS and deserve to be dissected and stomped. And I admit I've done my share of whiner bashing (and I'll do it again,) so, don't bother to dig up my old posts in order to call me a hypocrite. I just think this time is different. This seems like a good time to let it ride. I would guess that at this point, with all the problems going on, there are probably way more eyeballs on our little forum than usual. They have troubles with their cigar orders and are looking for information. I'd hate for their first impression of our wonderful forum to be of a bunch of a-hole replies to new member's complaints.

The guys at ccom headquarters have jumped onto these complaint threads to offer help. Pass along these sources instead of your bad-ass attitude towards the poor newbies. Pick on me if you want to. I promise to be offended too if that helps you any. Remember to admonish me for not posting this in NCR and above all, don't forget to flag me. 

sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings BOTL comrades. Brand new member here; thought I'd toss in my $0.02. I can't speak for ccom, but an order I placed over at CI on 3/19 hasn't shipped yet. Items came up backordered only after I confirmed. As for getting in touch with them I've had the same sort of luck. I'm hoping it's just this glitch they're working through. On a lighter note I took a chance and ordered a bag of Twin Engine Nicaraguan Cigar Brew Coffee last Friday - it arrived this evening so I'd say things are getting back on track.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I placed an order on Sunday and it shows delivery set for Wednesday . seems to be working just fine.  I'll let you know
    Non Crux sed lux
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:

Try these

sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
    What is the chance you have a number or email for someone high up at Cbid?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy will get you taken care of.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    jd50ae said:
    dirtdude said:

Try these

sstern@CIGAR.com

Also 
    Have you tried the customer service number there?  Was it of any help?

Edit:  Contact Us. Customer Service: By Phone: 1-800-830-4590 Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm EST. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a Daily Deal on Sunday online and it was shipped on Monday.  It is on the way and says it should arrive by close of business on this Thursday.

Hopefully, everything is back to normal.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last two are going through like they used to.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you could cross palms with the head honcho there. What are you gonna say: "Did you know you have a problem?" What's he gonna reply: "No, I had no clue. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll get right on it."

I mean, it comes to the point with any blivet that the more complaints you have to listen to the less time you have to resolve the actual problem. 

Not to say the software vendor didn't bend them over and ream them good on this one. Just sayin what's the use of piling on.

jd50ae said:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that ccom will have a heck of a loss of reveue lawsuit against the software vendor.  I'm just sayin'...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blivet.  Thanks, Davis.  I knew I got outa bed this morning for to learn something, and now I did.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered Sunday out for delivery today , looks like all's well in Bethlehem .
    Or so it seems  
    Non Crux sed lux
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a buddy just went through this with CI. His last comc order was a month behind and he was never able to get ahold of anyone by phone or email. He was pretty mad, just as I would have been. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhamlin
    I would be too.
    I don't purchase a lot from CI, mostly cause if they have something I want that Ccom doesn't have, I can email Andy D. and he can usually get it.

I've never had a problem getting someone on Ccom by phone and never had to call CI, so that is why I didn't understand why someone couldn't get ahold of someone on the phone.

I do have a small order coming from CI and got the shipping info on it the next day, so they may finally be getting things sorted.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to call Cbid about what appeared to be an overcharge. The nice female lady person made me feel a lot better. The package arrived safely and on time with the correct billing. I worried for naught. Good thing, I was down to my last 20 cigars......
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten packages from cigar.com and CI lately within a few days or order.  Cbid still owes me a single Erin Go Brah.  Still a little disappointed in that one because I've never had one and Alex Svensson's review of it made me really want to try one.  Thinking with all the phenomenal prices I've got from then through the years I'm just gonna let this one slide.