Home Non Cigar Related

Adobe Premier Elements 15

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
This goes out to you tech savvy guys. Does anyone here use Adobe premier elements 15 to do video editing? We just recently purchased it to upgrade from the 2010 version, which I really liked. 

The problem we're experiencing is that we get everything edited, then you have to render the entire video. When it's finished rendering the image quality takes a nose dive...we're talking like 90s quality. I never had any problems with 2010, but it's no longer compatible with new computers. Your help is appreciated!
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the framistan needs to be transbobulated so it syncs properly with the ultra-frequency hypersonic shaver. Have you tried that?   :p
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, I've even tried rebooting the flux capacitor to 1.21 giggawatts. Still stuck in the 90s  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    edited April 2017
    Well, that's a bummer. Guess us oldfarts DONT have all the answers, after all.    :|

i hope one of the BOTLs/SOTLs is able to help ya, anyway. Some of 'em are pretty sharp along these lines.... 
    I have faith. 'Preciate the witticism though! After 14 hours of messing with it, my hair looks a bit like Doc Brown's!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my first question would be, when you render are there settings you can choose as to the file type or quality?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^that was my thought also, shouldn't degrade quality^^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep i think @avengethis ; & @dirtdude ; are on the right track. 

sounds like you need to change your export settings.  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/export-and-share.html

i have premiere cs5 .... scratch disks & export settings are the 2 things I always check when creating a new project

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Haven't used Adobe but have some experience editting video, feel your pain @Markwell
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Great Scott; that's exactly what it was! Apparently the factory settings on this newer software automatically defaults to a lower quality. Thanks for the help @avengethis , @jgibv , @dirtdude ,
    If you go into the Preferences menu, you should be able to change the default export settings so you don't have to change this with every new project. 

I say should because I know you can do it with Premiere Pro, and am assuming Elements allows you to do this as well. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all else fails, read the destructions.
    Or get a bigger hammer.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Learning Curve
    A little dirt never hurt
    In the shop, I was always told, "if you can't fix it with a hammer it's gotta be an electrical problem". Thanks again for the help B)