Home Non Cigar Related

How to know when your dog is mad.

Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
Curly Bill got mad about something....
The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When River gets angry he pouts. He will keep turning away so you can't see his face. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bella lays in her bed and will not come when called.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady digs lots of enormous holes in our yard. When i catch her all I can see is a tail and flying dirt. She slinks away.I have four holes to back fill with my wheelbarrow.
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daisy won't get mad at me, but if she's mad at my wife, she jumps in our bed and ruffles my wife's pillows. Cracks me up
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My dog is a jerk.
    He kills kittys
    Just for fun.

Once he was out playing with the neighbor kids, when they all started screaming and crying.....
    I ran out thinking he bit one of them....
    And apparently a baby bird just learning to fly landed, and he gobbled it down right in front of all the kids.....
    He still had a feather stucked on his mouth.

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that why you named him curly bill?
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had Edwina, a husky mix with one brown eye and one blue one. I saw her kill cats, baby birds, snakes, and once she caught and ate a grouse, feathers and all. I remember when she came out of the woods with the back leg of a fawn. She wouldn't give up any of her kills until I figured out how to trade her a couple of hot dogs for them. I know she is still hunting in dog heaven .
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pit bull mix Achilles was a beautiful brindle dog with a purple tongue and a curly tail. Sweet dog, ate bees. Swole up the first time but not thereafter. We brought home a toy poodle and he wouldn't look at us or her. My wife thought he'd eat or hurt her so kept them separated. I introduced them when my wife was not home to throw off worried vibes and they became fast friends. He was a sweetheart. 

My Bichon / Poodle mix, grumpy old man Earl as seen on the vHerf killed a baby rat once. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bearswatter's bichon got mad only once. First week in our house. Didn't want Bearswatter to bathe her, so she nipped. I laid down the law in no uncertain terms, full on Cesar Milan held on her back by the throat. Only took once. She has never nipped anyone since. Excellent little lovebundle. Always good tempered.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dogs ate a king size comforter, cabinet door, and the back door blinds. Now they get keneled when I leave. 
    That's why we always have more than one dog, keeps them occupied with each other, keeps them in line. 

I had to put our German Shepherd to sleep a few months ago, we got her to keep curly company.
    Was pretty sad.
    He still won't lay on her side of the couch.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    That's why we always have more than one dog, keeps them occupied with each other, keeps them in line. 
    We rescued him and his brother together and they were inseparable, but we lost his brother to kidney cancer.

Right now, he is not too pet friendly.  We'll get two dogs again, I agree that the company helps, he never did that when they were together.
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your family members, @Sketch6995 and @YankeeMan

Thank you Chris.  It's always hard to do.

Just what the actual "F"?

Are you kidding me?  You dug a hole in my lawn to bury a damn milkbone?

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give him an Opus and he will b fine
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bone is a bone, right?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Now I wonder how many are buried in the back yard where hes allowed to dig holes......it looks like a map of the moon back there, craters everywhere 

edited April 2017
    Holy crap, anyone that owns a pet needs to watch this.
    I had absolutely no idea there isn't any oversight on what goes into pet food.  My dog has MOST of the problems talked about in this eye opener.
    He has a compromised immune system and has to take prednisone, he has arthritis, and skin problems.

Netflix, it's called pet fooled.

Do you know what all natural means?
    Do you know what formula means?
    Do you know what flavor means?
    Do you know what a by product is?
    Do you know what rendered is?
    Do you know that gluten, rice, wheat, and carbs do to your dog?

I can't believe how ignorant I was about this messed up multi billion dollar business.

Be very leery of anything from china.
    I only buy Made in the USA.
    Read the ingredients, the fewer the better.
    A little help can be found by subscribing to something like PetMd.
    edited April 2017

every single one of those ingredients is pure poison to a dog except the bacon.
     all the thousands of choices we have in pet food are all made by the same five companys.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 , @jd50ae ,

If you have not heard of it, check out Dog Food Advisor for more detailed info, analysis, and honest write-ups about pet foods. 
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

As you probably already know, ingredients are listed in descending order of predominance by weight.  So your foods that have "ground wheat, corn, etc." as the first few ingredients are not going to be as good as ones with "meat, meal, veggies, etc." listed first. 

We've served our dog Nature's Recipe dry kibble but recently switched to Kirkland Signature's kibble (Costco brand). 

We also make homemade wet food (poached chicken & veggies, with no added salt or seasonings), pureed in the food processor. 

Stay away from the store bought treats if you can.  We started making homemade dog biscuits about a year ago when our vet said our dog needed to go on a diet.  (Oatmeal, flour, and a little bit of bacon/pork fat to bind it together).
    Our dog likes the homemade treats, they're cheap & easy to make, and we know they're better than the store-bought super-processed sh*t.  

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

This needs it's own thread

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs it's own thread
    sorry for jacking your thread @Sketch6995 ;

i saw your post about "Pet Fooled" and just had to reply, sorry it got so lengthy. 

it seems that a lot of pet owners just pick up the first bag they see, or they grab whatever's on sale at the grocery store. 

i wish all pet owners would be more diligent about what they feed their pets, and be more aware of the ingredients in pet food/treats. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Just got in some Kirkland Signature Adult Small Breed Chicken with Vegetables I ordered online from Costco (free shipping).  Should be a better quality food than I normally buy according to the websites above.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Wellness Core. Good food, but crazy expensive  :|
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...