Home Non Cigar Related

The Eagles are Back

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the heads-up, @webmost......   :)
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    They've been back for a month, but it looks like they're nowhere near roosting since the nest is empty a lot of the time. The Minnesota Eagles at www.eaglecam.dnr.state.mn have started roosting, but I the PA nest is much nicer. :) 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mama laid an egg.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Jose has a Peregrine Falcon who nests each year on the roof of the City Hall building.  Webcam here:  http://sanjose.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=91
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My wife has been following the Barry College eagles for a couple of years now. 

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

Looks like the Peregrine Falcon in San Jose hasn't built a nest yet. I learned about this bird of prey because the nesting falcons limit access to the equipment room on the roof. 

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The eagles have hatched.  2 of them in the nest.  

http://www.pgc.pa.gov/WILDLIFE/WILDLIFESPECIES/BALDEAGLES/Pages/default.aspx
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Went by the other day, but it was hard to look because there were search parties out for a missing girl in the park.  Cars parked everywhere.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    The San Jose City Hall Peregrine Falcon Cam is down so I'm in the dark.  I do know that the falcon returned early this year, I had to perform a PM at City Hall ahead of schedule to avoid disturbing the falcon.

BTW, last night the missing girl was found safe.  She'd been gone since Thursday.

It's kind of cool to know that these eagles right around the corner are being watched from all over the world.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Drove through the park today, and up the side road near the nest but couldn't see any activity.  Lots of coots flying over the lake but that's about it.  On the East side of the lake, just outside the park, I saw what might have been a juvenile pair of eagles, possibly the kids from a couple years ago.  It was a bad angle but they didn't appear to be hawks or vultures.

Yakster said:
    The San Jose City Hall Peregrine Falcon Cam is down so I'm in the dark.  I do know that the falcon returned early this year, I had to perform a PM at City Hall ahead of schedule to avoid disturbing the falcon.
    Not down, just doesn't work for me with Chrome.  Works using Internet Explorer, though.  No non-emergency access to the site until June for me.

https://sanjose.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=91