Home General Discussion
Options

Joining the modern era.

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just ordered me my first 12 pack of Boveda. 

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good move, what size?
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Good move, what size?
    The large 60 gram
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to the help from the good people here, I have been recharging my Boveda packs.  It seems to be working fine.  Does anyone know how many times they can be recharged?
  • Options
    Sasquatch said:
    I have been recharging mine for approx 4 years now without any ill effects.
    I saw a video where a guy just soaked them in a bowl of distilled water. Is that what you do?
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soak a paper towel (distilled water)then wrap the pack with it. Put it in a ziplock and in 3-4 days they're good to go.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soak mine, but we have extremely low humidity here and I never need them to absorb anything from the humi.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put mine in a sealed container with bowl of distilled water the pack absorb the moisture.wait a minute we have a @Sasquatch and a bigfoot, lol
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I put mine in a sealed container with bowl of distilled water the pack absorb the moisture.wait a minute we have a @Sasquatch and a bigfoot, lol
    I do mine the same way :)
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Sasquatch said:
    I have been recharging mine for approx 4 years now without any ill effects.
    I saw a video where a guy just soaked them in a bowl of distilled water. Is that what you do?

I started out doing exactly that. The outside lettering didn't hold up, but no ill effects with the actual bag itself. About a year ago, I started putting them in a tupperware container with a wet dish rag. This works well and doesn't mess with the lettering. I normally keep a set recharging and no worries about humidity.
  • Options
    arch72 said:
    I do mine the same way :)
    I'm assuming you don't want to wait till they are completely dried out?
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes a little longer to recharge if you do.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...