Home Ratings & Reviews

ROXOR Deluxe

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife came home with a box of Roxor Deluxe Cameroon cigars the other day.
I am having a hard time finding anything recent about them. Seems the few things I found were mixed reviews. I have them resting a while but judging from the yellowing wrapper they have some age on them. Anyone know of or tried them?
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they're made by Perdomo apparently so they can't be all bad. And, to me, the Cameroon wrapper is a plus. 

Please keep us posted....   B)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been able to get that one yet. 
    It is supposed to be pretty good. Lots of flavor and complexity.
    They don't seem to be available at a lot of places.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definately need to rest, i dont think they have been made for some time. Will post a review in another week or three
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The brand was initially sued by Fuente for the logo looking too much like the opusX band. The brand never did seem to catch on after that. 

They were ok.

Never followed them that much so I can't  tell you where they went and/or where they are going. 

roXor in green letters too much like Opus X? 

Anyways, I have smoked a few now and must say, I like them.  I do not have the most developed pallet, but will say that I found the smoke to have a hint of pepper but not the harshness of black pepper while leaving a slightly sweet after thought in my mouth.  Also a hint of coffee mixed with the rich but not harsh tobacco taste.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I'm also interested in how your wife "came home with" this box. Please tell more of that part of the story. How did she find them. Where did she find them. How much does she know about cigars? How about all those details? :)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time my wife ever bought me cigars, she thought she was buying me a lighter for Christmas. Didn't realize the gift box that came with the lighter had cigars in it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Bob_Luken said:
    Interesting. I'm also interested in how your wife "came home with" this box. Please tell more of that part of the story. How did she find them. Where did she find them. How much does she know about cigars? How about all those details? :)

Well, She happens to take the Palmetto Expressway home from work every day.

The Perdomo Tabacalera is right off the highway in Hialeah. When in the mood she stops and sees what they have on sale.  It seems while cleaning out a back area of their warehouse someone found several boxes of roXors and patriarchs and brought them out for sale. She has brought me home a couple boxes of each.

Just last night she stopped and brought home a box of Perdomo  Champagne Sun Growns to take on our trip to the Guns and Ammo SE Shoot next week.

After the firearms are put away it is time for a bon fire and evening meal of shrimp, ribs, venison, pork and whatever everyone brings.  I have brought cigars for those that indulge that past couple years.

The fact that Perdomo combines my Military and her LEO discount sure helps also.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like she knows a little bit about cigars :):):):)
    Bob_Luken said:
    Sounds like she knows a little bit about cigars :):):):)

Not really, but she knew I was enjoying them and stopped  one day. Made friends with the manager, Lilly,  Lilly asked questions she answered and Lilly suggested sticks for me to try.  Wife does join me and our friends for a cigar sometimes. She likes the smaller flavored ones.  Java, Groovy Blue, and such.