Home Cigar 101

Are these real Cohibas?

Hi all: Complete newbie here, I received a box of cohiba siglo ii cigars (linea 1492), I wanna know if they are real:

Here's a few pics.

http://i64.tinypic.com/ih4ay8.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2n7k4zn.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2n9z411.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/116stw1.jpg

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    No....Them be fake. Band, Hologram, Warranty Seal and many other give aways.

May as well cut a few open and post some pics. Should be twigs and everything else they can find packed in there. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send them to us, we'll dissect a couple, smoke them and tell you if they are real or not. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Cigar-20012221Cigar-20012221 Posts: 4

May as well cut a few open and post some pics. Should be twigs and everything else they can find packed in there. 
    What about them says they are? I appreciate the info just wanna know what I have. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't tell us where/how you got them, etc. A little more info would be helpful. 

Then, go to https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/cohiba and learn how to tell real ones from fakes - and there are a LOT of fakes out there. Some are even filled with the finest horsesh*t available. 
    The band is all the evidence you need, but there are several other flaws. They b fake

A Real Cohiba Band

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

jlmarta said:
    You don't tell us where/how you got them, etc. A little more info would be helpful. 

Then, go to https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/cohiba and learn how to tell real ones from fakes - and there are a LOT of fakes out there. Some are even filled with the finest horsesh*t available. 
    Sorry, yea, client who was in Cuba brought them back for me. Said he had a connection. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't bought from a La Casa del Habano shop, it is likely a knock off. 
    Bought in Cuba, it is likely it is cuban tobacco, but who knows what else is in it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Appreciate the info so far
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke one just for the hell of it, could be a good cigar even if it's fake but not likely.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about them says they are? I appreciate the info just wanna know what I have. 
    Cause Rodney says they are and him and his humidor are usually correct. 

edited April 2017
    They are fake and if he did some research he would see all the flaws. I would still dissect one and if it looks good smoke the rest. Appreciate the kind words but far from an expert but these are fake for sure. 

Hologram missing on band and Habano S.A. paper under ribbon

Again no Hologram. Squares on band are way off and the "C" in Cuba is not correct. Triple cap looks subpar for Cohiba. 

Incorrect Warranty Seal for new band type also. Should be a Hologram seal. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the warranty seal isn't attached to the box is the first sign that they are fake. Don't need to go beyond that. 
    TODD!!  How ya doin', Bro??   :D
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's usually plume if you have to ask
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    TODD!!  How ya doin', Bro??   :D
    Marty, doing well, just busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to see pics of one of these dissected. Im going to guess its trimmings and sweepings instead od long leaf......hopefully nothing TOO gross beyond that. (bugs, twigs, pubes, etc...)  :)

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
    ^^^^Horse poop. You forgot horse poop... 

And, like on the fiver of fakes I was gifted once, on the back of the box does it say "Totalmente a nana"? (meaning 'made totally by grandma).....  :p
  • HARLEYGUYHARLEYGUY Posts: 2
    I have picked some of these up from the Dominican. Kinda figured they were fake due to the price. I tied them and to be honest, they weren't bad. I still have a few in the humidor. I say smoke' em
  • CalibusCalibus Posts: 3
    If he got them in Cuba, they could still be Cuban tobacco and but as pointed out above, they're not Cohibas. Open one to make sure you aren't smoking trash and then smoke it. Most Cuban tobacco has a somewhat distinct flavor. I've had some fakes passed on to me before that were still pretty decent smokes.

If you're set on getting some Cubans though, Cohiba is overpriced and not worth it, in my opinion. Try El Ray Del Mundo Choix Supreme.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HARLEYGUY said:
    I have picked some of these up from the Dominican. Kinda figured they were fake due to the price. I tied them and to be honest, they weren't bad. I still have a few in the humidor. I say smoke' em
    Life is too short to smoke cigars that "aren't bad"
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds a bit familiar. Lol!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Another photo, found this on Instagram.  While the fakes may be "not bad," they'll often be composed of floor sweepings which can include hair, plastic, paper, whatever with short filler chopped up tobacco.  Did a bit more surfing on Instagram and found an account that offers free authentication checks for Habanos, DM @cigarauthenticator on Instagram with a photo before you buy.

This one has a rock inside

This one has poor quality tobacco with water damage and improper curing

This one has string and other trash inside.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Something wrong with that address, Chris. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's an Instagram address, not a user on this forum.  See the following page: https://www.instagram.com/cigarauthenticator/
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )