Home Cigar 101

Another bead question

If you mixed half 70% beads with 65% beads, would the humidor be kept at 67.5% or is that crazy talk?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All together, now, on the count of three, PICK NITS. One, two..........

Marty

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's not really worth the headache. I have a 1/2 lb of 65% in my 300ct humi, and it holds rock steady at 68%. If you mix the two, I'm sure it'd hold somewhere between 65 and 70, but why bother?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    if you really look at the beads they are effective + - 3% so i like the 65 since the lowest is 62 and the highest is 68 ........ now some of the guys that use the 70 may like 67 - 73 but to each his own ..... dont make this rocket science cause rocket science its not
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I like my humidors between 62 and 68% and I use 65% beads. Summer = higher humidity. Winter = lower
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think I needed and wanted 70% but based on advice from friends and on here I went with 65% beads. So far I am really happy with everything. My cigars look happy too.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I used to think I needed and wanted 70% but based on advice from friends and on here I went with 65% beads. So far I am really happy with everything. My cigars look happy too.
    It's always nice when your cigars look happy.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me pull a Lassy here, does that mean your cigars are sticking up!