Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

May Lottery

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last year at this time, the NFL draft on ESPN drew a 2.7 rating, while on the NFL network it drew a 0.9 rating. NBA playoffs scored a 0.7 rating. Baseball and hockey rated well south of Family Guy and WWE Smackdown. That's how utterly football crushes any other sport. Totally crushes. Believe me.

This weekend, the Draft jogs in at a very fitting venue. 256 young men will race up the Philly Art Museum steps toward the pinnacle of their lives' aspirations. One will be number one. One will be number 256. Number 1 is possibly a Heisman Trophy winner. Het gets a contract which will pay him more for his first game than you or I will make in our entire lives, despite the likelihood he will not play in that game. Number 256 gets the moniker "Mr. Irrelevant". He flies to California for Irrelevant Week, a packed with media events & fundraisers, ending with a banquet, where he is awarded the Lowsman Trophy.

Tell me who earns the abjured title Mister Irrelevant before the Draft ends, and I will mail you a Lowsman Trophy of my own: five home rolled and five store bought. 

So, to enter the May Lottery with a Lowsman entry, the format is like so:

IN, Ryan Succop

To enter the May lottery after the Draft or without a shot at a Lowsman, simply like so:
      IN

If no one hits on Mister Irrelevant, I'll just pick another random number.

Good Luck to all. 
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    In,  Billy Brown Shepherd 

Playing for @Rhamlin
    A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I made this too hard. The chances anyone will guess 256 falls prolly somewhere between yeah right and no effin way. So let's make it who comes closest to Mister Irrelevant. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    In, Scott Orndoff

¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In. Patrick Towels
    Patrick Towels? Is that Adam Sandler's sequel to The Waterboy?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In, Fred Zerblis
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In

Playing for @genareddog  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

I'm surprised no one has named Gareon Conley

webmost said:
    I'm surprised no one has named Gareon Conley
    Apparently, I forgot all about how much the Raiders love outlaws

edited April 2017
    Chad Kelly!

Anyone else wants in the lottery, just say IN.

Now I have to research the entire list to find out whether Pat Towels is for real.

webmost said:
    Chad Kelly!

Anyone else wants in the lottery, just say IN.

Now I have to research the entire list to find out whether Pat Towels is for real.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/530944/patrick-towles

Yep he is real
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that make him less than irrelevant
    A little dirt never hurt
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    1. @dirtdude Billy Brown Shepherd
    2. @ElJimboScott Orndoff
    3. @Devildog1Patrick Towels
    4. @Wylaff Fred Zerblis
    5. @Wat@Albinfk
    6. @Albinfk

Slap that Devildog!

AFAIK all Mister Irrelevants picked above came up less than irrelevant. So we're back to the random number genera@dirtyred30088

1. @dirtdude Billy Brown Shepherd
    2. @ElJimboScott Orndoff
    3. @Devildog1Patrick Towels
    4. @Wylaff Fred Zerblis

Wylaff gets a tenner from me --- five store bought pearls and five home rolled swine.

Congrats @Wylaff
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to both. Addy up @Devildog1
    Congrats @Devildog1
    Congratulations @Devildog1 Need that addy please :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

I was hoping to have the longest losing streak in this game. 
    Addy sent

Devildog1 said:
    I was hoping to have the longest losing streak in this game. 
    Addy sent

Well, as the number of participants goes down, the odds of winning go up. Even for a dreaded hellhound.

As emcee of the game, I feel it would be inappropriate for me to cast either my hat in the ring or my pearls before swine. Instead, I devised the side bet tenner. (Mostly as a way to unload surplus hand made dog rockets.) Wylaff gets that tenner this month. Five store bought, five home rolled. Have a shelf full of gar boxes aging in the closet. Had to crack into one just now to make the fifth variety home rolled for Wylaff. Gotta share with you this bodacious box:

Innat a byoot? 

Cigar art. Soneros.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Sexy
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Heads up @Wylaff --- 9505514352937122076208

enjoy

Going out Wednesday am :)

USPS 9400109699937553597572
    — Abraham Lincoln

USPS 9500113179777123052295
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some tasty looking dog rockets. I thank you Davis.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    You can tell which ones never saw a mold.

I'm kinda doin this backwards. I started out rolling molded perfectos. Once I thought I had those halfway under control, then I started in on molded parejos. My latest to try and master are unmolded both. If I get to where I can roll me a gar with one hand while driving with the other, like Dad did cigarettes, then I'll be ready to try a pipe.

Couple more of these have hit pics up in a bit
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Enjoy

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!