Home General Discussion

Wineador temps

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed the last couple weeks my wineador temps have jumped from mid 60's to mid 70's, pulled the covers and the fans are all working and dust free. Originally started using this as beetle prevention as the house runs around 80 in the summers but since I started freezing not so much worried about beetles. RH has remained stable.

Are there any concerns with a mid 70's temp
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fwiw my coolidor sometimes pushes into the high 70s in the summertime. 

never had an issue *knock on wood*

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I can't help you Randy.  My area of expertise is in the field of restraint.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Sorry, I can't help you Randy.  My area of expertise is in the field of restraint.
    I know, you just throw them in the basement
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Mid 70s should be ok. The wineador won't guarantee you the temperature you set it at if the room gets much hotter. If it's in the 80s or 90s in the room you won't get the temp down into the 60s.
    We are always around 80 from May til September inside in AZ. Last year was no problem, held mid 60's all summer. Not worried about mid 70's, tells me cooler is not working but RH is steady.

Just wondering if I should be worried, thinking about turning it off, why run the fans if it isn't cooling
    A little dirt never hurt
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your board could be bad or something. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Yea, probably so, just gonna keep an eye on it, was 71 in the house early this morning and 73 in the humi RH65
    A little dirt never hurt
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I turned mine off. I had a real hard time regulating the humidity with it running.  Mine constantly stays at 75 degrees and 75%.  I use it for more long term storage and might open it once every two weeks.  I just like how it seals off completely. 

I live in Florida with a wife that would gladly live in hell because summer in Florida requires a hoodie to stay warm for her so my temps are typically higher than most.  I've never had any problems but I've never seen it rise above 75 in any of my humidors.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason my humidor that sits directly on top of the winador stays around 65%/68°.  I have no explanation for this.