Home General Discussion

Carlos Torano Thoughts

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
What is popular opinion on this line of cigars.   I remember years ago being impressed with  Silver Exodus and I just got some Gold Exodus in a deal and am really loving them....creamy...nutty...great construction...nice draw.....just curious...maybe I'm missing the boat here but they seem to be a top of the line offering????

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like them, then my "opinion" should not matter.  I'm pretty sure general owns them now.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc
    You're funny.

Always loved Torano products, but since General bought them, there is a concern about quality, but I haven't seen it decline other than their god awful band changes.

Torano is one of those that few people dislike, but it often rarely hits the top of someone's list, but because they are one of those cigars that is available everywhere, their price line is reasonable, but their quality is usually still top of the line and still worth it.

The 1916 is one of my favorites, but that is mostly because I am a cameroon fan. 
    The Exodus is a never fail cigar and the gold is one I really like.

And as @Patrickbrick said, if you like them, that is all that matters.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Also liked them and appreciated the family angle until they sold old.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Torano thoughts.

Torano 1916
    A wonderful combination of Cameroon and honduran/nicaraguan fillers. Great construction and a smooth sweet taste.

Salutem
    Equadorian Habano wrapper with cameroon filler.
    This one will throw your tastebuds for a loop. Great construction, but will often burn funny. Whether that is the combination of tobaccos or not, I'm not sure.

Exodus Gold
    Brazillian sun grow wrapper
    This cigar has a silky wrapper, great construction, but can often have a burn that goes wonky, for lack of a better term.
    Dollar wise, well worth the money.

Ther rest, to be honest are really good, but the similarities between the rest are so close, I didn't bring them up. 

Then there are the Connecticut wrappers, which I don't favor connies, so not a lot of history with them.

Torano, as I stated earlier, is one of those brands that is well liked, but is usually considered mediocre by the large populous. 
    Whether it is because they are affordable and available or there are so many great cigars available, I'm not sure.

Anyways, my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Exodus lines. Top notch smokes in my book. And you can catch some really great deals on them to. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them and cheap enough for a chillin yard gar.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I always remember good thoughts about them.  I recently picked up a Daily Deal on the Exodus Gold 1959s.  Bought 10 of them and after a couple weeks in the humi I lit one up.  It had a god-awful bitterness upon lighting that I never recall experiencing in any of their cigars.....ever.  I'm gonna let them rest for a few months before I try another one.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always remember good thoughts about them.  I recently picked up a Daily Deal on the Exodus Gold 1959s.  Bought 10 of them and after a couple weeks in the humi I lit one up.  It had a god-awful bitterness upon lighting that I never recall experiencing in any of their cigars.....ever.  I'm gonna let them rest for a few months before I try another one.

This ^^^^ is the GALL-DARNED incontrovertible, PROOF!  

See!!!? General did this! I knew it would happen. I know everything.