Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Limited Release Archive 1887 Torpedo

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
This is, by far, one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure of smoking. Lots of bold flavors from espresso, to cocoa, to leather. Nice draw. Even burn. Tasty down to the nub. I got a single at the B&M for $9.95. I highly recommend trying one, if you can.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    lilwing88:
    This is, by far, one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure of smoking. Lots of bold flavors from espresso, to cocoa, to leather. Nice draw. Even burn. Tasty down to the nub. I got a single at the B&M for $9.95. I highly recommend trying one, if you can.
    I want!!!! But can't find any singles. I can tell you that none of my local B&Ms carry them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I thought they just had a toro of the archive..? I had one a while ago, but not the torp. I wasn't very impressed with the toro, maybe the torp is a bit different. Have you had a Triad? It's a good cigar, but spendy.
    I want some Triads too!!!!! As a matter of fact, I want some red dragons, Evils, Archives, Triad Natural and Platinum, Assassin, Ancient Reserve and G5s. But I can't afford to buy any. If anybody has these and wants to trade, let me know. Plus 5 packs of each will be too much. I wish I could get like maybe 2 of each if they offered singles of all of them. I'll just have to keep smoking and saving so I can pick some up.
    I have some red dragons but only a couple left, I need to pick some more up matter of fact, good smokes. If I have an assassin, which I might have one or two I could send ya. I wasn't too impressed. The triad is not bad but not worth the price, like 50 a stick....
    phobicsquirrel:
    The triad is not bad but not worth the price, like 50 a stick....
    OUCH!
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have some red dragons but only a couple left, I need to pick some more up matter of fact, good smokes. If I have an assassin, which I might have one or two I could send ya.
    Let me know what you want and we'll work something out again. :-)
    well it seems I have one assassin. not much else to trade really.
    phobicsquirrel:
    well it seems I have one assassin. not much else to trade really.
    I'll just wait then and when I have the funds I'll order some. Thanks though!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one of these today :)
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Let me know what you think..... I really enjoyed it. As far as price, I was pleasantly surprised. I find that people tend to put a lot of stock into Gurkhas based on their price. Normally at the B&M, there is a huge mark-up, bu the one I now frequent has acceptable prices.....

All in all, a great smoke that I'll definitely have again.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My B&M has 3 Gurkha Elegants left but they are $16 each and I won't pay that much for a stick. I also picked up a Vintage Shaggy with a natural wrapper which I had never seen before. All the ones I have had and loved were maduro. They were both really cheap so I was happy.
    jsnake:
    My B&M has 3 Gurkha Elegants left but they are $16 each and I won't pay that much for a stick. I also picked up a Vintage Shaggy with a natural wrapper which I had never seen before. All the ones I have had and loved were maduro. They were both really cheap so I was happy.
    I really like the natural shaggy. So much so I bought a box.