Home General Discussion

Which cigar surprised you

deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
What cigar surprised you? Or are you embarrassed to admit you like.

I know RP gets a bad rap and with reason. I will never buy vintage 1990s again, from personal experience. But I do like the Decade Cameroon and the Royal Vintage. 

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha Rogue Rascal
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel "50". They were on a Daily Deal as a combo with something else I needed to have! Blew my socks off! Haven't seen them since!
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never would have bought them by themselves, but glad I did!
  • cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    RP Nording.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add another. The voodoo line, Dark was good. Damballa not so much.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Sinclair Imperial.  The first couple puffs had that weird Victor Sinclair taste, that I hate, and then it developed into a really good smoke.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a sad surprise when I found a really dried out AVO classic on the floor behind my cooler.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acid One, Probably one of a very few flavor infused cigars worth smoking. An older gentleman at a local B&M recommend it to me for something different. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    TX98Z28 said:
    Acid One, Probably one of a very few flavor infused cigars worth smoking. An older gentleman at a local B&M recommend it to me for something different. 

Sorry, I had to.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    It was a sad surprise when I found a really dried out AVO classic on the floor behind my cooler.
    I believe I would have had to let some words fly.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Sorry, I had to.
    Wow, I wasn't expecting such negative feedback on one cigar from the "flavor infused family" I will say 95% of flavor infused cigars are **** but I personally did not think the Acid One was a bad cigar at all. It's not a great cigar by any means but I was surprised after smoking one compared to the rest which I am thinking you and @Usaf06 had bad experiences with which is understandable. The Acid One is a quite mellow cigar for being flavor infused, not over powering at all, you can still taste the tobacco, their rolled very well and burn well.

"Acid One are mild-medium blend non-aromatic cigars, the only non-aromatic in the Acid family. What makes this cigar unique and flavorful is the infusion of the filler tobacco with five different wines hailing from five different countries and bound with a cask-cured dark Nicaraguan Cameroon wrapper. Earthy, leather, cherry, fruit and pine notes are detected in this delicious cigar and is best enjoyed after dinner."

They are different than the rest of the Acids and flavor infused cigars, hence I was surprised, probably why the older gentleman recommended it to me… 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    edited May 2017
    Sorry, didn't mean to have it come off harsh.
    I was meant as a play on words, as in the Acid Nasty cigar.
    Which evidently, I failed at.

I'm just not a fan of any of the Acid lines.
    And as far as infused, the Moontrance is about the only one I will smoke and mostly cause my wife likes the smell of it, so I can endure it once in a while for her and most people don't mind it's smell.

Each person has their likes and dislikes, nothing wrong with what you like.

There are actually people out there that don't like cameroon cigars. Can you believe that?

Acid, Victor Sinclair and Gurkha always take a beating. If you are gonna like them, then you have to be prepared for the jokes.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Sorry, I had to.
    Wow, I wasn't expecting such negative feedback on one cigar from the "flavor infused family" I will say 95% of flavor infused cigars are **** but I personally did not think the Acid One was a bad cigar at all. It's not a great cigar by any means but I was surprised after smoking one compared to the rest which I am thinking you and @Usaf06 had bad experiences with which is understandable. The Acid One is a quite mellow cigar for being flavor infused, not over powering at all, you can still taste the tobacco, their rolled very well and burn well.

"Acid One are mild-medium blend non-aromatic cigars, the only non-aromatic in the Acid family. What makes this cigar unique and flavorful is the infusion of the filler tobacco with five different wines hailing from five different countries and bound with a cask-cured dark Nicaraguan Cameroon wrapper. Earthy, leather, cherry, fruit and pine notes are detected in this delicious cigar and is best enjoyed after dinner."

They are different than the rest of the Acids and flavor infused cigars, hence I was surprised, probably why the older gentleman recommended it to me… 
    It seems like Acid does a good job at "infusing" flavors into tobacco based on their methods I've read about. I've tried some of them. But, from my experience I'd rather have straight tobacco.  We joke a lot. Many of us (me included) lump all flavored/infused cigars together as crap. We are being obnoxious about it mostly for laughs but, we may also appear closed minded about it. However,.. I am a firm believer in "smoke what you like". So smoke 'em if you like 'em. And,... I'm not opposed to trying the Acid One now that you have highlighted it. Although,.. I'll admit, it ain't very high on my list of "things to try". 
    Wylaff said:
    When I first started smoking I got some Victor Sinclair seconds. I was extremely surprised at how bad they were. Since I had so little experience I almost quit right there.
    Close call. Glad you stuck with it. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And,... I'm not opposed to trying the Acid One now that you have highlighted it. Although,.. I'll admit, it ain't very high on my list of "things to try". 
    ^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^   :#
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally the Mexican cigars I have smoked all surprised me.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some RP seconds a while ago that were actually very good. I believe they were edge maduros. 

Not a super cheapie, but I've always like Brick House, the JC Newman budget line. First time I tried them I was very surprised at how much I liked it. 

I used to like the Gurkha Titans. Haven't had one in years, but I'd probably still smoke one and enjoy it. 

5 Vegas A (the old Miami's used to be great too, before they were discontinued) 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Super shocked by Chillin Moose.  Bought a few in the middle of nowhere Virginia just to satisfy a craving and was actually really good.  
    Also shocked how much I didn't like Caldwell Blindmans bluff.  I have another that @Sketch6995 sent me that I'll have another go at.  Maybe some of the incredibleness from Jeff's humi rubbed off on this one!