Home Cigar 101

Mixing Flavors

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey fellas,

I went on another spending spree this weekend and my glass desktop has officially reached its max capacity. I have another desktop but it has about a dozen Legends By Drew Estate which are infused with coffee flavors. Do I risk mixing flavors if I add "regular" cigars in with them? 

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziploc bag or Tupperware container with a Boveda is what I'd recommend.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like safe advice. If I move those sticks to a tupperdor can I immediately put regular ones in that humidor or will the wood have actually absorbed some of the flavor?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. How long have they been in there? 
    I had a java, in the cello, mixed in once but it wasn't in there long. My wife got me an Acid Blondie and I wouldn't dare mix that one in.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a completely separate humi for infused, but the only infused I smoke are Moontrances, cause the boss lady likes the smell of them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    They've been in there since December. @0patience I like that idea. Maybe I should direct my CAS towards some infused stuff.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Can you still smell them in the humidor since they've been removed? You could always air out the humidor then reseason if it is bad.

However, If there is just a slight lingering smell I doubt it will last long and that it would carry over to other cigars long term. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The infused flavors aren't strong enough to invade the wood and then jump back out to permeate the next batch of sticks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Awesome. Thanks Peter!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only ones you should have to worry about are the acids. The oils are what carry the flavors over, and a lot of the infused don't use essential oils.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I have a separate humidor for my flavored cigars, although I do mix coffee and liquor flavored in that same humidor.
    ^^^Not a bad combination! You might have a new flavor there...Irish whiskey cigars :)^^^
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erin go Brae. Don't fall for it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well. Don't know what to say. I have a small humidor that has never held any cigar but coffee infused. It somehow got empty last year and it was about 4-6 months to fill it again. When I opened it to put in the new infused coffee cigars I was hit with a face full of coffee aroma. The Boveda and the plastic humidifier both smelled (strongly) of coffee. Since that box's sole purpose is to house coffee cigars it really does not matter to me.

Did I ever tell you about the time I put Boveda bags in my dogs Bacon treat bag?