Home Cigar 101

need a quick fix

firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was a bit too enthusiastic in my delving into the cigar world. I purchased a humidor and about 45 cigars  in my first purchase. I'm just now reading that I need to season the humidor before it is used. . So my question is how do I keep my cigars from going dry before the humidor is ready for use? My thoughts are to put them in a couple sealed glass jars with a cotton ball with a dab of water. My shipment should be here tomorrow or Wednesday so any help (preferably swift) is good. 
Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 

Comments

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I began a cold sweat as soon as I read I need to season first. 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @dirtdude
    But do yourself a favor and do a search on the forums about seasoning your humi.
    So many people follow the directions of places telling to wipe them down with a wet cloth and then wonder why they are having troubles.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    will do, thanks.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I began a cold sweat as soon as I read I need to season first. 
    No worries bro, a good baggie will hold them strong with a good humidity device.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....Nice advice, and you could just relaX and smoke a Cigar..."you gonna go far" (Floyd)....
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @firetruckguy :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    @firehouseguy firemen always diving in without information!
    I'm more in the sandwich category than putting out fires. Lol
    WaterNerd said:
    Welcome to the forum @firetruckguy :)

Thank you. It seems like a good place to be
  • KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    @firehouseguy ...didn't see that coming haha
    I thought there might have been a SUBliminal message there!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @firetruckguy When your ready to dive in head first, go over to the Newbie Trading thread and I'll sponsor you :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

Will do! Still trying to figure out what that's all about 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    small dog humps large dog fail36 Do you have a dirty mind Lets find out 40 Photos
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    small dog humps large dog fail36 Do you have a dirty mind Lets find out 40 Photos
    This reminds me what I used to tell the recruits at the academy, "I'm too old of a dog to be screwed by a puppy!"
    Wylaff said:
    I'm flattered but that's not really my thing. Thanks for the offer though
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Agree with @dirtdude
    But do yourself a favor and do a search on the forums about seasoning your humi.
    So many people follow the directions of places telling to wipe them down with a wet cloth and then wonder why they are having troubles.
    I used a wet paper towel dipped in distilled water. Worked for me. xD
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've come a long way, baby

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the humidor seasoned yet.? What does it look like now @firehouseguy
    A little dirt never hurt
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that is an old picture and those are all long gone...
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Theae were the sticks I was so concerned about, kinda makes me laugh to see it. 
    Image result for so you think youre better than me meme