Home General Discussion

What do you drink with your smoke

firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's probably out there but I'm just curious and sometimes our opinions change.

I've tried red wine but it seems a little too funky tasting with a cigar, so far a good bourbon seems to fit the best
Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stouts, porters, whiskey, soda, water, and nothing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't drink.
    Water, Rootbeer, Sarsparilla and sometimes I just drink Pepsi, depending on what cigar it is.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bourbon 98% of the time
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee in the morning or early afternoon.
    Jarritos tamarind soda or sweet tea.
    Stout or porter, preferably barrel aged. 
    Dark rum, tawny port, Armagnac.
    Scotch or bourbon. 
    I am obviously not picky or stuck on one libation.
    Not the tap water here! 

Welcome to the asylum @firehouseguy
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like wine, try a port. They're a bit sweeter and I think go great with a cigar
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee in the morning, Irish Mist on the rocks after that.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    o.O
     """
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee, beer, scotch or water
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    Sweet tea  <3
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no longer drink alcohol, so, 
    morning--coffee
    afternoon--seltzer
    evening--green tea or sleepytime herbal tea
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee, bourbon, scotch, Dark Rum, Porters, and stouts. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee or Water
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above. Well,......... almost all.  

Sometimes when I light up, I wait to get a taste of the cigar first before I decide what to pair with it. If I'm lucky, the cigar gets my attention and is tells me "I'm the star of this show" and in that case I go with water or nothing or maybe a lighter tasting whiskey. I don't keep notes so I just wing it every time. 

Here's a couple of searches I did for you (@firehouseguy) to check out some of our previous similar discussion threads. 

http://forum.cigar.com/search?adv=&search=drink+pairings&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_question=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&comment_answer=1&within=1+day&date=

http://forum.cigar.com/search?adv=&search=drink+cigar+pairings&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_question=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&comment_answer=1&within=1+day&date=

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning - Twin Engine Coffee

Afternoon - sweet tea or Dr. Pepper 

Night - Guinness or an equally.                          satisfying stout
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be cold, or it is coffee.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well lately it's been scotch. But I do enjoy chia tea or a coffee that's mostly chocolate or a McDonalds mocha frappe. 
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Rhamlin said:
    Well lately it's been scotch. But I do enjoy chia tea or a coffee that's mostly chocolate or a McDonalds mocha frappe. 

TAP+HOLD

TO COPY/PASTE IN A TXT

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Either coffee or beer depending on my mood
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotch, bourbon, rum, barrel aged stouts, porters, coffee, or water. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Well lately it's been scotch. But I do enjoy chai tea or a coffee that's mostly chocolate or a McDonalds mocha frappe. 
    fixed it
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain