Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

June Lottery

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the wrong place cause I am an idjut. Ignore that over there. Dunno how to yank that...

Well, so I'm a day late starting the June Lottery. Sorry. First thing yesterday, I discovered that the company which provides my real world job (as opposed to my side businesses) is about to be sold. I can almost certainly predict that I will become redundant by age seventy. The people I work for now make me assurances, but, face it, they will shortly sell their control to other people who I don't know and who owe me nothing and who are looking for ways to cut expenses. Knowing what I earn at this point versus what it would cost to replace me, hey, get real. This news came on the very heels of me losing the biggest client of my first business. In short, yesterday I concentrated on how to break it to R2knee2: time for us to throttle way back. She doesn't take change well.

On the flip side, I do. My cheerful assessment is it's time to go wide open throttle. Burn that fuel. As Churchill remarked after Dunkirk: "No war was ever won by evacuations." So often in human affairs diametrically propositions are equally true in the same time and place. So while dramatically cutting expenses, I also need to start up new internet ventures.Immediately. Hence, I'm looking for ideas providing passive income. For example, with the cigar factory I have a penny ante business whereby FX Smith's makes and ships the product, while I take the orders and deal with customers. That's what I need. Something binary, or something drop shipping. I have some ideas. I'll throw examples in as we go along this week. Starting with the yoga bling idea outlined below.

Enough preamble. For June, I was going to hitch my lottery tenner contest onto June Carter, cause who doesn't love that old time Johnny Cash country music. Instead, this new exigency falls into my lap. So here's the deal: 

To get in the June lottery, just post IN.

To win five premiums and five home rolled, post an idea for a penny ante passive income internet business.

Like so: 

IN

Yoga bling. I see plenty of web sites selling yoga mats and such not paraphernalia; but I see basically none specializing in clay frogs meditating, or T-shirts with a dog doing the downward dog, or vinyasoapa, & such not. Easy to advertise on YouTube with videos of a gal doing snowga, or of myself doing red light yoga aboard my motorcycle, or etc. funny vids. 

Best idea(s) as judged by me get(s) a tenner from me: 5 outstanding prems & 5 home rolled dog rockets. Your idea does not have to be well developed The whole key to it is "the world needs..."

June 1 I pull a random number for the IN and pick what I think is the best idea.
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Torcedorito Amalgamator

There's any number of cigar rollers who don't have an internet outlet. Anywhere from capable home rollers who might want to make a couple bucks to fellows who roll at Joe's wedding to fellows who may own a cigar shop and roll a few house blends but who either don't want to run a web store, or whose web store sees next to no traffic. I'm thinking of a web store which could join up a bunch of these. I take orders, they fulfill them, they invoice me, I pay them. Think of it as a roller's etsy.

Besides making a couple bucks, why, think of the tax advantages. Any long murdercycle trip, soon as I drop by a cigar store, I write the trip off. Any leaves I buy for rolling my own... likewise. Any gars are research. 

I already own a couple of suitable domains : irollcigars.com, torcedors,com, torcedoritos.com. Obviously, I prefer torcedoritos.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Well this June lottery is deader than disco on Amish night down at the Double Deuce.

I pulled a random number between zero and zero, but I didn't come up with much. 

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    reversed Angie's list. I'm an hvac guy, and I think it'd be cool to have a website where contractors could post non-paying/ pain in the a$$ customers to avoid. You'd probably just end up getting sued over it, though. It's an idea anyway
    lol I just realized this is over. Disregard  :D
    That's a damn good idea, Grawls. I will definitely ruminate that one. I'm just wondering how you would monetize the thing. 

I think IOU the tenner. PM me your address.

Not necessary. You can just pay me royalties when the business takes off ;)
    Grawls said:
    Not necessary. You can just pay me royalties when the business takes off ;)
    Well at the very least you need to send yourself a fiver, cause you're the only one entered.

• ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    I know it's too late, but you can get together with the guys making the stands and stub holders;@danielzreyes @Sketch6995, @Stubble and sell those on-line.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
    That right there is a super idea. I've been looking for gar bling to sell on line. Rode Biffy Bullfrog, the KLR, up to the factory yesterday morning with that among other things in mind. We went rooting round the attic to find old bands and box labels and such not memorabilia. Didn't think to look in my own garage. My fave accessory out there is a Reyes gar stand. No garage session goes by I don't use mine. I'm gonna PM each of these fellers right this moment. Thanks EJ. 

Right now, I can't get rid of this tenner. Wondering if it's personal hygiene or somewhat.

BTW -- that reminds me -- While I was out in McSherrystown we stumbled onto vintage Honduran hand-made Churchills that have apparently been kicking round the basement humidor room there for like eight or ten years. No one even knows the story on them at this point. I scored a fistful. When I got back, grabbed a good book, went out to the cedar lined smoking porch, fired one up. Holy Hannah! A decade makes for a mellow damn smoke! Rich but smooth; nuts and honey; touch of salt. But the best of it is, after a Rip Van Winkle's sleep, I don't know how to say it other than unity. 

Only thing I would say, tho, the draw is pretty tight. Not so tight as too many Cubans you run into, but tighter than is convenient. Tried that Modus poker on it. Not a big poker fan. Went at it impatiently, so cracked the wrapper near the head, had to station a finger there to plug the leak. Way too bad, cause after two hours I was thinking thing this is nub-worthy, but for the fact I'd burnt up to the cracked part & heat was peeling it back. The others appear to be equally tight. Well worth it tho. I still have the nuts and honey flavor in my mouth this morning. Gonna be good with breakfast coffee. 

OK gotta run ... honey dos. Talk you later.