Home General Discussion

Plasma lighters

Hello, I am new but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with plasma lighters specifically Sparq?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you have my interest.
    I'd like to know too.

It says it will light cigars, but what would bother me is it seems like you would be lighting small areas of the foot at a time, instead of lighting the whole end.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one to try out. It will be here Friday. I'll try it out and give a review. I purchased the Ralix Electronic Lighter on Amazon 
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of plasma cutters, but a lighter is new, look forward to your review @WaterNerd
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife bought me one. It is totally useless for cigars and pipes, works fine for cigarettes. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto to Edward. Had one, very cool idea, only for cigarettes. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds scary
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received the one I ordered the other day. Yep you can only light what the purple plasma touches and that's not a lot Here's a link with more info
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    .-. . .--. . .- - / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. ... ... .. --- -.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .-. . .--. . .- - / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. ... ... .. --- -.

.-.. --- .-..
    LOL is the new SOS!

• KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^ nothing sketchy here folks! Lol
    edited July 2018
    Xikar has re-branded the FUEGO ROBUSTO USB LIGHTER as the Xikar XFLAME ELECTRIC LIGHTER.  It's said to be able to light up to a 62 ring gauge cigar.  More information on Halfwheel here.

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As noted in the halfwheel comments, the complete lack of touch up ability kind if relegates this to a really expensive novelty. If I wanted to light with an electrically heated metal coil, I could do it in my car for a lot cheaper
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one as a birthday gift this year, it’s cool but a joke for cigars.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blblair said:
    Yes i have the Sparq Saberlight (the one that looks like a lightsaber). It is great and works consistently all the time. I even had it in my pocket when it was raining hard and it still held a light afterwards. Great lighter and holds about 200-300 charges before you have to charge it via USB. Check out for some more reviews on it and other plasma lighters.
    Yes, I also have a Saberlight Sparq. I like its mode, not limited by the Tesla coil. Cheap, suitable for ordinary cigarettes, is enough for me.
    So...guessing y'all meant to post this on your cigarette forum?  Where you discuss the delightful differences between KOOL's and Marlboros?  Because, if it doesn't work for cigars, we're likely not interested.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been thinking about a car cigar lighter for the house.  Works great for the first light.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.