Home Ratings & Reviews

Nicarao by Rocky Patel

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Anyone smoke these before? I took a chance on a monster deal and bought them. $39 for a box with free shipping was hard to pass up when Rocky makes it.

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    $39 for a box with free shipping was hard to pass up when Rocky makes it.
    No joke!! Are these some short-filler creation? I haven't had any, but if you end up not likin em, i'll trade you for at least a couple... I'm an RP fanboy, I will readily admit.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    These are no short filler no names. Rocky shows them is his list of products on his website. He says he blended it and produces them as a favor to a friend. I will post a review when I smoke one
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    They are pretty good. I wouldn't call them the best RP out there, but they are pretty tasty. They always hit me as having a slightly nutty flavor, very mellow and creamy, and right dead in the middle of the road for strength. They're one of those cigars you can really smoke at any time of day under any circumstances. You cannot beat them price-wise, when you catch a deal on them.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Anyone smoke these before? I took a chance on a monster deal and bought them. $39 for a box with free shipping was hard to pass up when Rocky makes it.
    I am also a big RP fan, so I decided to find out more about this cigar. So I though I'd post it here for you guys too.
    The Nicarao brand cigar is now under the umbrella of Rocky Patel Premium Cigars Inc. Once made by Tabacalera Tropical in Nicaragua, Nicarao cigars are now being rolled at El Paraiso factory in Danl

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I got one in a trade a couple months ago - haven't smoked it yet. From the way alien describes it, I think it's time to bust it out.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    A friend of mine described these as very tasty.
    Thanks guys for the feedback, sounds like I made an astute purchase. I am a bargain shopper by nature because I am up to 4 sticks a day on most days. I will be in the poor house if I don't make some pretty good decisions on cost.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    These sound good --some good info from Krieg as well. May have to try and find a few of these.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I just got one of these too I hope it doesn't suck.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    These are some of my favorites. Kuzi would tell you they are very traditional Nicarguan cigars. They were never very popular and I think that may be why you see them so deeply discounted. I will say they need some rest. The ones you are buying now may already had some considerable box time. They tend to have a ammonia bite if they aren't rested. The flavor isn't overwhelming but it has a complexity to it thats very nice. It has a variety of mild spices and other good nic flavors. ENJOY!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    madurofan:
    These are some of my favorites. Kuzi would tell you they are very traditional Nicarguan cigars. They were never very popular and I think that may be why you see them so deeply discounted. I will say they need some rest. The ones you are buying now may already had some considerable box time. They tend to have a ammonia bite if they aren't rested. The flavor isn't overwhelming but it has a complexity to it thats very nice. It has a variety of mild spices and other good nic flavors. ENJOY!

OK so I'm looking forward to them now...
    They were boxed in August last year so should I let them rest longer or brave the wilds?
    I am smoking mine Tommorrow. hey this thing is made by Rocky and I have 20 of them, I will give it a try and let you know.