Home General Discussion

What is your vitola preference?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
What is your preference(s)?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

What is your vitola preference? 32 votes

Gordo
0%
Churchill
3%
Crisius 1 vote
Torpedo
3%
Markwell 1 vote
Figuardo/Salomon
0%
Toro
25%
clearlysuspectWaterNerdGuitardedAlbinfkRolanddeschainDiver43KidTexMickeyD_1 8 votes
Robusto
31%
YankeeManPacman84smoke_em_if_you_got_emPatrickbrickStubblemiller65rodskydiverDYakster84CJ7Grawls 10 votes
Perfecto
6%
Amos_Umwhat0patience 2 votes
Corona
31%
jlmartaGray4linesMartelUsaf06silvermousedirtdudeJay6Sketch6995deadmanOyam123 10 votes

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfecto
    Kind of a toss up between perfecto and robusto for me.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robusto
    Robusto for most cigars, but it does depend for me.  There a few where the toro is better, or a corona, or a short Churchill.  For the most part though robusto.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're made correctly I do love lanceros, but typically robustos are a good standard.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    Corona, then toro and Robusto. I like a lancero every now and then. Never a gordo. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Corona Gorda...
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    Corona gorda, or Corona grande or lancero, my 1st Choice is a 50 ring or less, but it's also a mood thing.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robusto
    Lancero #1

Robusto and then a Double Corona
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    Usaf06 said:
    Corona, then toro and Robusto. I like a lancero every now and then. Never a gordo. 
    Yep. That's my style, too, @Usaf06. Ya nailed it.....  B)
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    42-52 ring gauge 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toro
    Toro
    Corona
    Robusto
    love a lancero, but they have draw issues. 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toro
    Toro
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torpedo
    Torpedo, if it's a true torpedo such as a Presidente, followed by Churchill and Gran Corona.

I prefer a medium ring gauge. It would seem everybody is competing for who can make the thickest these days. It's not about the size boys, it's how you use it  ;)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robusto
    I dig a closed foot. I like how easy it is to get it started and they burn evenly from the get out. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    Corona, Lancero, then Robusto for me
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfecto
    I really like Perfectos, followed by Toro and lancero, which are about equal, depending on the blend.  I like churchills, if the ring gauge doesn't get too large.  I don't dislike robustos, they just leave me wanting.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona and robusto.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Toro
    I like cigars
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toro
    Toro then Robusto
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    I have come to prefer the 1/2 corona. Great flavors and I am done in one hour. It's hard to set two hours + aside to enjoy a cigar.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all vitola's. Sometimes i want a small smoke and sometimes I want a large one. After a steak i like a full strength toro and after fish a medium strength robusto. A corona in the morning and a big torpedo as the sun sets. I don't care for jumbo ring sizes so I like most anything well built and well flavored in 36 to 56 ring.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Perfecto
    I like all vitola's. Sometimes i want a small smoke and sometimes I want a large one. After a steak i like a full strength toro and after fish a medium strength robusto. A corona in the morning and a big torpedo as the sun sets. I don't care for jumbo ring sizes so I like most anything well built and well flavored in 36 to 56 ring.
    ^^^This is a good description^^^, I like it.  I realized after voting above that on long winter nights I'm more prone to Churchills and figurados. 

It's like music.  My Pandora profile includes John Prine, Beatles, Poco, etc., but also YoYo Ma, J.S. Bach, Boston, Aerosmith, Lucinda Williams, and on it goes.  So, I tell folks I like anything done well.  I used to say I didn't like RaP, but then I heard Santana and the guy from Matchbox 20, well, It was well done!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona
    Its a mood/time thing for me.
    I generally shy away from away ring gauge over 56
     but it also depends on how much time I have to smoke.
    If I don't have much time I will choose a robusto or a small Corona.
     if I've got all night I will generally choose a Toro or a torpedo.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Churchill
    This is dependent on whether I'm trying a cigar or already like the cigar. If I'm trying, I'd prefer a Toro. If I already like a the cigar, then I'd prefer a Churchill or Presidente. I take the time to actually smoke it out and I want something that's going to last and last and last.

That said, I'm not uppity about it either and definitely been surprised at the time it takes to smoke certain brands of the shorter lengths. Like Nubs for instance. Those blew me away. But in general, I just like a Churchill length cigar. Ring size? 54 and up preferred. And I don't think I've found a ring size too big quite yet. Though it would depend on what I'm doing.

If I'm sitting around, hell give me one 12 feet long and 6ft in diameter and I will find a way to puff at it. But if I'm up and walking, then something I can carry with ease is preferred. xD
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfecto
    I agree with everyone that mood, time, cigar/make and atmosphere all make a difference.

I think I tend to favor perfectos, because of the Hemingway cigars.
    My next preference would be robusto.
    Then corona or Torpedo, depending on what it is and how much time I have.

I find it interesting on what people prefer. 
    A long time ago, my preference would have first been toro, but as time went on, I discovered that the smaller (perfecto, robusto, corona) were more to my liking.

The figuardo and gordo are ones that, while I will smoke them on occasion, they aren't my favorites and will buy an alternative size if available.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: