Home Cigar 101
Options

Tips for traveling with cigars?

HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
for example this weekend I am going away for a couple of days. It's just a two hour drive and I want to bring some cigars to enjoy. If the are stored properly in my house and I put them in one of those leather carrying cases will they be fine for a day or two until I smoke them?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a day or two should be fine.  Longer, you may want to consider a herfador or plastic bag with a Boveda, but you could consider the day or two that you're going to have the cigars in the leather case as dry boxing to help them smoke better.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums @Heavysetrapier. I've got family down your way.

I would definitely look into a herfador. There are some good deals going on right now with father's day approaching. You can pick one up as a sampler for a very reasonable price.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Wheresbout @Markwell?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herf-a-dor.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right here on CCOM as well as a few sister sitest such as CI. Personally had some bad blood over there with customer service, so I'd suggest going through here. Just type herf-a-dor combo from the site.

Picked up the CAO Champions Sampler II last year. Good smokes and the case is perfect for my bi-weekly trips out of town. If you're looking for something smaller I have a 5 count that rarely gets used. I'd be willing to do some sort of trade if you wanted.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns