Home General Discussion

Gurkha Grand Reserve

Just purchased some of these. Until i"m able to smoke them, Do i leave them in the tubing they came in and put them directly into my humidor?

Best Answers

Answers

• push247365push247365 Posts: 7
    ok thank you you suggestions. Do you have any suggestion on a good smoke for the summer. I like mild to bold cigars.
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Don't ask me, honestly the regulars on here know more than I do on what's smoking good these days.  I have my favorites and go-tos, but I smoke alot of cheap ass stogies that most around here wouldn't even toss in the firepit to keep warm.  But if you must ask... right now I really like Camacho Connecticut for mellow, Ave Maria Original for medium (i'm a broken record), and I had a Joya Antano Dark Corojo yesterday that had great great full-bodied flavor... but a tight draw.  Dry-box the other 4 and try again in a week or two, I will.  Whoa, I just Yoda'd.  
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    About to light up a 601 Green Oscuro from 2007ish (made by Pepin).  Will report back if I don't pass out from happiness.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joyas are decent. Give them a year and they are good. I love the Ave Maria argentum, but if you are new to smoking you might want to wait on that one.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timb said:
    Don't ask me, honestly the regulars on here know more than I do on what's smoking good these days.  I have my favorites and go-tos, but I smoke alot of cheap ass stogies that most around here wouldn't even toss in the firepit to keep warm.  But if you must ask... right now I really like Camacho Connecticut for mellow, Ave Maria Original for medium (i'm a broken record), and I had a Joya Antano Dark Corojo yesterday that had great great full-bodied flavor... but a tight draw.  Dry-box the other 4 and try again in a week or two, I will.  Whoa, I just Yoda'd.  
    Ave Maria original is great and so is their Divinia.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    timb said:
    Ave Maria original is great and so is their Divinia.
    Having tried them all, I personally think the Divinia is the best of the bunch.
  • push247365push247365 Posts: 7
    I gave the Gurkha Reserve a shot a try. It was a good smoke. Nice and mild with a nice draw. Great burn. But i believe a could have let them sit a little longer in my humidor. Will try another one maybe this weekend and see if it gets better in time. Thanks for all your feed back it was very helpful.