Home General Discussion

My final post

2»

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will get a slightly different answer from each person that responds. That being said my answer would be that there really isn't an admin that watches the place unless there is an extreme event and then Ccom steps in. So it's really up to the members themselves to self police. That means some members believe that they have to be the hammer and protect everyone and stick their nose into a lot of business, and some members who just don't say anything at any time. Then you have those that fall somewhere between the two. The lesson to be learned here in my mind is simple... It's an online forum and it's just words on a page. If it bothers someone that much that it becomes a real point of pain in their life then it might be time to evaluate if an online forum is the right thing for you. Or maybe you need to step back and take a break and get things back under control and in perspective, I've done that myself at times. Honestly it's just a post, and no matter how much t upsets you guess what, have a F'ing cigar chill the hell out and let it roll off your back because honestly it flat F isn't worth the time or brain power to let anyone take up that much of your life and thoughts. 

Rant over and I'm sure I will catch hell but I just don't care, this is how I feel and what I believe. Let's just smoke a damned cigar and let it the F go. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    @LiquidChaos66, I really don't know what has been going on that made you want to exit, but I really hope you stay if only because your posts on your seemingly endless well of hobbies and interests demonstrate a healthy and inquisitive zest for life that is far, far more interesting than mine.  
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    If I hear just one more of you fellers say "relax, have a cigar" I think I'm gonna freak out and toss every damn cooler of mine off a bridge! Find some other f#ckin' thing to say. ALRIGHT!
    https://youtu.be/w4sSPd1Ijzg
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out Mike, if it comes to that let somebody know which bridge.
    I was wondering about this flag icon, I pushed it on Peter since he just posted and I got 3 options, spam, abuse or report, now since Peter is a fine BOTL I didnt pull the trigger but if I were to click Abuse or Report on a guy that adds nothing to the group, only shows up to antagonize an individual, would nothing happen?

A little dirt never hurt
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it happens enough a mod will step in, but for the most part we are self moderated.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    right on, didnt know protocol, have a better idea now, thanks
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    dirtdude said:
    right on, didnt know protocol, have a better idea now, thanks
    The protocol is, we follow policy.
    And since there is no policy, there is no protocol.  :o
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And keep in mind this is not about restricting the conversation and it's not about not holding people accountable, it is (in my opinion) about HOW we do that.

I know Chris a bit, having shared a cigar with him when I made a trip to Portland, and I think he's a good guy. But I also value the opinions of other members that may take issue with him for whatever reason.  What I don't have time for are the people that create or use secondary and more anonymous handles just to harass someone. That is chicken ****.  We're all grown ups so if you have something to say to someone then grab your balls and say it. Yea, people will get their panties all in a bunch and some people will take sides but then it will all go away and we'll get to the point where we can relax and smoke cigars.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Echambers said:

what I don't have time for are the people that create or use secondary and more anonymous handles just to harass someone. That is chicken ****.  We're all grown ups so if you have something to say to someone then grab your balls and say it. 
    I haven't been here long and don't know Chris from Adam so will just call it a night
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

" My final post "

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Noted. thanks.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do to time constraints, I have not been on this forum for a couple years or so. I log on and see drama and crap going on. I love this place...I think I will come back a stay for a bit, since I finally have some extra time on my hands.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    If I hear just one more of you fellers say "relax, have a cigar" I think I'm gonna freak out and toss every damn cooler of mine off a bridge! Find some other f#ckin' thing to say. ALRIGHT!
    Well since I am only on anymore for small advice or to do a review, guess I will pull this trigger, @Bob_Luken relax, have a cigar. ;)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    When I was initially hating my ex wife....
     I'm sorry but I was dying laughing after just reading this part!  I had to come back a minute later to read the rest of your post!  I swear I'm gonna start at least two sentences like this tomorrow!
    @LiquidChaos66 sorry to hear your leaving but sometimes it's a good thing to do.  But don't go forever.  I left several years ago for my own reasons and came back to find the forum revitalized.  

As for your specific problem with the troll, it would be cool if cigar.com could add the same "like" buttons to our PM's?  Then all you'd have to do is add numerous people to the conversation and you could all flag the comments.  That would allow us to continue to self-police a little better. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris, if you need a break, take a break. Sometimes life hits all at once and you get on here to have fun and forget the other problems. When this place brings you down, that ain't cool. Bombing makes me feel good, some people are witty and others have a ton of knowledge. Hope you reconsider and delve into other threads and sections. There's a lot more good peeps than bad.
    Well hell, this post was dead for a year. Glad you came back @LiquidChaos66 or we never would have had 'Flat Eath'
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Well hell, this post was dead for a year. Glad you came back @LiquidChaos66 or we never would have had 'Flat Eath'
    You know, I never really even looked at the date.  I just saw June and started posting.  Now my comments above just feel awkward.  Kinda like typing the word "awkward."
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't leave last year.