Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

WTT for Perdomo Mistakes - Cameroons

Comments

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    pics
    Smoked this one last night.  Not that I need to prove $hit to you. 

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pics
    Smoked this one last night.  Not that I need to prove $hit to you. 

Ha! Wow! Check out this guy.   

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    I wasn't going to retort but with a comment like that ^^^ you bet your a$$ I'm going to.

The reason why I asked for pics is because EVERYONE knows you didn't buy sh*t.  
    You tried asking years ago, and then you tried asking again. It didn't work did it? Everybody is on to you. No one is falling for it anymore, bro.

Take your ninja style dry begging elsewhere
  • Options
    I wasn't going to retort but with a comment like that ^^^ you bet your a$$ I'm going to.

The reason why I asked for pics is because EVERYONE knows you didn't buy sh*t.  
    You tried asking years ago, and then you tried asking again. It didn't work did it? Everybody is on to you. No one is falling for it anymore, bro.

Take your ninja style dry begging elsewhere

I didn't ask years ago. I asked if anyone had them and what their thoughts were. I don't recall ever seeing ANYTHING about me asking for any. I don't know where the hell you think I was begging for anything this time around either... I wanted to trade! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!  Like I said in an earlier comment, It worked well when I traded for the Bankers and I thought I might try to set up a trade again! Im not 'Ninja style dry begging' for anything! I prefer trading because one - it opens up space in my humidor for new stock. Two - I can interact with people on here who aren't d!cks! Three - cause that's what this community USED TO BE ABOUT! I did quite a few trades and quite a few bombings back in the day. I have moved on to other hobbies now that have taken up a lot of my budget. HENCE THE REASON FOR TRADES! Its way more cost effective to trade... $7 for shipping instead of $50-150 on buying new stuff!

• Options
    0patience said:
    Wtf? 2 threads? 
    Ok. Again, I wouldn't  waste my money on them, when there is better cammies out there.
    The other thread was dug up from when I first asked about these 2 years ago. There are some people here who want me gone so they are being @$$holes

• Options
    What can I do to make things easier around here? I don't want to leave. I enjoy a vast majority of what gets posted on this forum. It seems that whenever I ask an opinion on a cigar or want to do a trade or want to send out a bunch of cigar bands... I get crapped on. I would like it to stop. I would also like to continue being part of the forum.... Tell me what I can do. This is me being down right humble and wanting to clear up a BS rep that I don't deserve.
  • Options
    i understand everyone will want to mock that last post. I get it... im an open target. Just help a guy out on this one.
  • Options
    Do I need to offer people cash with my trades as well to show that im vested in the trade? Do I need to put "#nodrybeg" at the end of every post I make? Whats the game I have to play?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can I do to make things easier around here?

Tell me what I can do.
    Grow a thicker skin and stop worrying what others think and say. Why do you get so stressed over a hobby that is supposed to help you destress? People push your buttons on here because you make it easy for them to do so. If you don't like what someone says about you F `em and ignore it. You cause a good amount of your issues by responding to every post, just move on.

There's a reason I have been here longer than anyone but kuzi and maybe one or two others.
  • Options
    bandyt09 said:
    What can I do to make things easier around here?

Tell me what I can do.
    Grow a thicker skin and stop worrying what others think and say. Why do you get so stressed over a hobby that is supposed to help you destress? People push your buttons on here because you make it easy for them to do so. If you don't like what someone says about you F `em and ignore it. You cause a good amount of your issues by responding to every post, just move on.

There's a reason I have been here longer than anyone but kuzi and maybe one or two others.
    I hear ya. It's hard to not get heated up when almost every post I make gets hit with GIFs and flack from people. Good sound advice and I'll do better to ignore crap. Can't guarantee it will work. But I'll try lol
  • Options
    You know what Chris, here's what you do.... Nothing.  Keep doing what you do.
    Heck, how about I one up you and say, I'll be the one leaving so you can continue with your ruckus here. Before I leave just remember, I was never the one who pointed out your antics. However, I was the one who was brave enough to call you out on it.

I've made many friends here but never enemies.  But with all this BS going on, Im sure I now have a few, which I don't want. With that being said, Peace Out Cabrones.

dzr out 
  • Options
    You know what Chris, here's what you do.... Nothing.  Keep doing what you do.
    Heck, how about I one up you and say, I'll be the one leaving so you can continue with your ruckus here. Before I leave just remember, I was never the one who pointed out your antics. However, I was the one who was brave enough to call you out on it.

I've made many friends here but never enemies.  But with all this BS going on, Im sure I now have a few, which I don't want. With that being said, Peace Out Cabrones.

dzr out 
    If I can suck it up and admit I need to work on myself... I can at least hope you can do the same. I am admitting I was wrong... not sure why but I was wrong apparently and I'll accept that now. Yeah I took it out on you, cause you just don't stop. And I apologize for taking it out on you. Do a BOTL a favor and help me change  
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my take on this.  You make a post about what celebratory cigar you should smoke.  It was about a Davidoff or an Opus.  Bingo, someone sends you one.  You made a post about 50 cent pieces....bingo again.  The game boy post....bingo!  You just keep coming back to the well, time after time.  It was noticeable,  at least to me.  Just my .02 worth.  Opinions are like ****, everyone has one...some stink more than others.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

Huh huh huh huh huh he said Opus

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Stubble said:
    Here's my take on this.  You make a post about what celebratory cigar you should smoke.  It was about a Davidoff or an Opus.  Bingo, someone sends you one.  You made a post about 50 cent pieces....bingo again.  The game boy post....bingo!  You just keep coming back to the well, time after time.  It was noticeable,  at least to me.  Just my .02 worth.  Opinions are like ****, everyone has one...some stink more than others.
    Not being confrontational. Just trying to clarify things. So please don't take this as me starting anything. 

Go back and read that Gameboy thread. I started it because I bought one and was nerding out. Bert found one and offered to send it out well after the thread was started. It was not my intent to get anything out of that thread. I have no need friends that live around me and had fun talking to other old school gamers. 

As for the celebratory cigar thread... I bought my own cigar (a Winston Churchill if i recall properly) based off everyone's input. 

Dont get me wrong. I see where you are coming from and can understand why it could be construed that way. 

I just don't understand how I can now post anything without people thinking I'm trying to get stuff. I ask for opinions. I've turned down many offers from people and rejected sending my address out because I'm not here for free cigars. I'm here for the community. So that's that. 
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is about someone trying to take advantage of the generosity of this forum.  Normally I would not give two shi** about this, but now that it is coming down to @danielzreyes leaving the forum, it is time to call a spade a spade.  You come on here every 6 months and ask if anyone likes an Opus or Davidoff, or a coin or a rock and someone sends them to you.  That is "Dry Begging"!!!!!  
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to pile on, but here's the way I see it....fwiw. 

Its about level & quality of participation with you dude. 
    (Coming from the "GIF guy", I know, pot meet kettle but hear me out)

So yeah i probably $hit post a  with all my GIFs....
    but the thing is, the GIFs usually seem to be well received and I've yet to have someone to tell me to stop.

And I don't just start a thousand random ass threads with completely off the wall $hit every week....then never post a freaking follow up!  (Seriously, it's some big grandiose thing with you, like every other week....Moving to Scotland, greenhouse, koi ponds, game boys, aquariums, you get the idea....but never any follow up.)  

It's a free forum, but man you see how that can get old after a while?  Just all these random a$$ off the wall threads that rarely relate to cigars...idk

And like here's the thing,
    I have no clue if I've ever seen you commenting about cigars, sharing news, pics, what yoi thought of a cigar you smoked, etc.  it's always asking about cigars, which is fine but like add something to the discussion.   We can only answer so many questions, before its like " this guy doesn't even have a damn clue."

like you're not adding to
    the CIGAR discussion with quality posts.
    its just random off topic B/S 24/7 with you.  or questions that have already been answered.  A simple search, and bump would go a long way 

And heres the last
    thing....participation.  Start a **** pass, or a contest, bomb some people, get involved.

Like if everyone's calling you a dry beggar all the time, you know the best way to prove them wrong?  Send some cigars out!!!

now, do I pass, bomb, or trade like crazy?  No. But I'll still try to get something in every couple of months.  

Idk man, it's just gotten old.  Like people call you out.  You say you're gonna leave.  Then you come back a few weeks later and it's the same **** with you.   

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    This is about someone trying to take advantage of the generosity of this forum.  Normally I would not give two shi** about this, but now that it is coming down to @danielzreyes leaving the forum, it is time to call a spade a spade.  You come on here every 6 months and ask if anyone likes an Opus or Davidoff, or a coin or a rock and someone sends them to you.  That is "Dry Begging"!!!!!  
    I posted that I wanted to BUY raw rubies for my daughter when she got a mineral kit. I ended up going to eBay and found some. Kinda figured there would have been rock or mineral collectors here. No one sent me anything. 

Same thing with the coins. I wanted to a buy coins from people here for a project I had in mind. I was sent one.  Which I offered to pay for. Which was declined. I could have ordered them off eBay like I do with most of my stuff. But again I wanted see if people I liked and talked with would have had anything. 

I have been upfront front about wanting to pay for things when asking if anyone had anything. Don't put that on me because it seems like an easy thing to get me on. 

as I said before, I took people's opinions about the davidoff or opus sticks and bought a cigar based off the thread. I've ended up at my B&M after every time I've asked about a cigar and people's thoughts on them and bought sticks based on input. 

Yeah I go through spurts here. Life happens and I lose track of things. Winter and fall time I don't get much time to have cigars cause of weather. So I forget about this place. I cycle through hobbies and interests and go through phases like many of you do as well. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

#nodrybeg

:trollface:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jgibv said:
    Not to pile on, but here's the way I see it....fwiw. 

Its about level & quality of participation with you dude. 
    (Coming from the "GIF guy", I know, pot meet kettle but hear me out)

So yeah i probably $hit post a  with all my GIFs....
    but the thing is, the GIFs usually seem to be well received and I've yet to have someone to tell me to stop.

And I don't just start a thousand random ass threads with completely off the wall $hit every week....then never post a freaking follow up!  (Seriously, it's some big grandiose thing with you, like every other week....Moving to Scotland, greenhouse, koi ponds, game boys, aquariums, you get the idea....but never any follow up.)  

It's a free forum, but man you see how that can get old after a while?  Just all these random a$$ off the wall threads that rarely relate to cigars...idk

And like here's the thing,
    I have no clue if I've ever seen you commenting about cigars, sharing news, pics, what yoi thought of a cigar you smoked, etc.  it's always asking about cigars, which is fine but like add something to the discussion.   We can only answer so many questions, before its like " this guy doesn't even have a damn clue."

like you're not adding to
    the CIGAR discussion with quality posts.
    its just random off topic B/S 24/7 with you.  or questions that have already been answered.  A simple search, and bump would go a long way 

And heres the last
    thing....participation.  Start a **** pass, or a contest, bomb some people, get involved.

Like if everyone's calling you a dry beggar all the time, you know the best way to prove them wrong?  Send some cigars out!!!

now, do I pass, bomb, or trade like crazy?  No. But I'll still try to get something in every couple of months.  

Idk man, it's just gotten old.  Like people call you out.  You say you're gonna leave.  Then you come back a few weeks later and it's the same **** with you.   
    I do and have used this forum to bounce ideas I've been planning. When I do accomplish that I do forget to follow up. Yeah. Some of my plans are huge and unattainable. But I put a lot of foot work into them. So I see and get that. I'll do better to follow up. Realistically I've learned a lot from people off those threads. I'm really have. A lot of info has squished my ideas cause I had no clue they would be that difficult or involved. I guess one reason I don't follow up is cause I forget or don't want to admit failure. So yeah. Sorry I use you guys to bounce ideas off of and leave you hanging. I hadn't thought of that. 

I don't share my reviews on cigars cause my palate is crap. lol I honestly cand distinguish flavors if I don't know what I'm looking for. 75% of the stuff I enjoy because I know I didn't put the stick of half way through.

as for my participation level in threads and comments... honestly half the time when I can pop on and look at new stuff... questions have been answered and it seems redundant if I chime in. Which is contradictory to me making random posts. So it makes sense. Also I don't feel knowledgeable enough to put in my two cents. I don't know nearly as much as you guys. 

This is is what I appreciate... this gives me stuff to chew on and change what I do. 
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted that I wanted to BUY raw rubies for my daughter when she got a mineral kit. I ended up going to eBay and found some. Kinda figured there would have been rock or mineral collectors here. No one sent me anything. 

Same thing with the coins. I wanted to a buy coins from people here for a project I had in mind. I was sent one.  Which I offered to pay for. Which was declined. I could have ordered them off eBay like I do with most of my stuff. But again I wanted see if people I liked and talked with would have had anything. 

I have been upfront front about wanting to pay for things when asking if anyone had anything. Don't put that on me because it seems like an easy thing to get me on. 

as I said before, I took people's opinions about the davidoff or opus sticks and bought a cigar based off the thread. I've ended up at my B&M after every time I've asked about a cigar and people's thoughts on them and bought sticks based on input. 

Yeah I go through spurts here. Life happens and I lose track of things. Winter and fall time I don't get much time to have cigars cause of weather. So I forget about this place. I cycle through hobbies and interests and go through phases like many of you do as well. 
    You are making my point for me.  This is not craigs list or ebay.  If you ask about something on this forum, there is a good chance people will send them to you (without cost).  This forum is the best place I have found about exchanging knowledge of the hobby we all obviously love.  But it usually comes in the form of "Hey I bought this cigar and I really like it" or "If you like this cigar you should try this one".  I have had people text me and ask if I have tried this cigar.  I will lie and say that I have because I don't want them to send me one.  I buy them myself to try.

This forum is about discussing your hobby and your smoking habits with your own cigars.  If you do not want to , or can not, get involved in the bomb/pass/trade then don't. 
  • Options

You are making my point for me.  This is not craigs list or ebay.  If you ask about something on this forum, there is a good chance people will send them to you (without cost).  This forum is the best place I have found about exchanging knowledge of the hobby we all obviously love.  But it usually comes in the form of "Hey I bought this cigar and I really like it" or "If you like this cigar you should try this one".  I have had people text me and ask if I have tried this cigar.  I will lie and say that I have because I don't want them to send me one.  I buy them myself to try.

This forum is about discussing your hobby and your smoking habits with your own cigars.  If you do not want to , or can not, get involved in the bomb/pass/trade then don't. 
    I know it's not Craigslist or eBay. But I felt at the time like I was active or known enough that it would be a comfortable thing to do. I'll refrain from that in the future. 

Ill lll admit I have fallen behind on my bombs and trading activity from when I was more active here. I won't deny it. I've done a couple trades and sent some sticks with my cigar bands. I haven't forgotten what that's about. I just haven't done it for a while. I'll work on doing more of what this forum was set up for. 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And my god man.  Enough with the excuses.  

You don't need to give a 5 paragraph response to everyone, Todd touched on this in his post.

this has been going on for a
    while, people called you out before, you "left", now you're back and "serious" about "being better" this time.

I get that you're trying to explain yourself, but
    frankly it comes
    off as b/s,
    "You did no wrong,
    we misunderstood you, it's not your fault, poor little old you, blah blah blah."

We've been down this road before.  
    Im done with this thread and done with you dude. I just don't care anymore because You're just not getting it.

Action talks, bullshit walks.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two things I took from this thread.  1, seriously DZR don't bounce out the forum.  2, Nick said it, "nailed it."
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I gave this a lot of thought last night. I've alienated myself from this group pretty well. Lol i really do want to be more involved. I miss the community. But I don't want you guys to lose DZR. He is more of an asset than I am. If me being around means he leaves it's not worth it to me to have you guys lose him. Not fair for you guys. Someone contact him and tell him I'm taking off. I don't know how to delete my profile. But I will when I figure it out. I'm logging out on my phone and when I get to work on Monday I will log out there too.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to leave...  you just have to stop being you.

DZR doesn't think enough of you to base his decision to stay or leave because you stay.  Don't flatter yourself.

Take what's been said that was critical (OK, I guess that's everything that's been said) digest it, own it, and change.  I suppose it'd be easier to just pack up and go, but...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hang around and let's move on. Let's have some fun. All I know is when I beg for something...y'all betta hook me up!!!! Square biz!