Home General Discussion

Coffee Flavored 'Gars

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I got my buddy, Steve, hooked during vacation. We stopped by the local B&M before retreating to the mountains. He really liked the coffee flavored Legends by Drew Estate. Also had him try a Fuente which he surprisingly didn't like. Can you guys and gals recommend any decent sticks (NOT ACID) that would be similar?

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isla del sol, just it has a sweetened tip. Java is better. I tried those when I first started.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    DE makes other coffee flavored sticks, like the tabak especials. Surprised he didnt like the Fuente too... What's he like about the DE's? The coffee flavor, or just liked the stick? I haven't tried the legends...but Undercrown,  maybe?

Some newer cigars I've tried are Crux. To me, they are very smooth, typically medium body, and easy to enjoy. The du connoisseur, passport, and guild have all been very good (not coffee flavored, but maybe a good choice for a newer cigar smoker)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    He liked the flavor, especially that it stuck to his lips while smoking. I remember being in love with them early on, but I find them too sweet now. I'm going to be putting together a "care package" for him this week. He just turned 24 today so I've got an excuse lol. 

I couldn't believe he didn't like the Fuente either. However he did smoke it to the nub so there's still hope. Trying to persuade him to get on here. Cigars were not much more than a hobby before I found you toons. Now it's a lifestyle  B)

So far I've got him a cutter, lighter, humidor and accessories, plus 10 of those Legends. Not afraid to fill the humidor though!

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,....... let him smoke the ones he likes. Why you tryin' to wean him off those? LOL
    Bob_Luken said:
    Well,....... let him smoke the ones he likes. Why you tryin' to wean him off those? LOL

True, don't force it. It will happen naturally.
    Good advice Bob. I guess I just know there's so much more out there, but as @deadman says it'll happen naturally. Honestly I'm really excited to have finally got one of my long-time friends smoking. Tried with another friend last year and he only took one drag before deciding it wasn't for him. I'll stop pushing :)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Good advice Bob. I guess I just know there's so much more out there, but as @deadman says it'll happen naturally. Honestly I'm really excited to have finally got one of my long-time friends smoking. Tried with another friend last year and he only took one drag before deciding it wasn't for him. I'll stop pushing :)
    Just remember. Peer pressure is the most effective tool for getting others hooked on drugs.  

You just keep pushing.  They'll come around!
    Think I've found a winner for him. Goin' with this sampler unless I hear any better suggestions.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their Tabac Especial lines are better tobacco with a better coffee flavor. Their just not as sweet.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Oliva nub has a coffee line, but I have not tried them.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabak Especiale is the way to go. The Red Eye ones aren't as sweet and I didn't care for them at all. The others in that line are great. The Nub ones aren't that good imo. Have that chemical taste like Acid does. 
    Thanks for all the suggestions, fellas. I truly appreciate your advice. Now I reach the dilemma of, do I order 1 or 2 of everything haha.

In all seriousness though, a lot of good stuff for him to get started on. I know he'll be thrilled with what you all have suggested. I went ahead and ordered the Java collection, and I think I'll throw in those Tabak Especiales as well.

PM sent
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

Tatiana Mocha

Those are a nice affordable and well liked coffee forward cigar. Flavored cigars are not my cup of tea but he may find these good and mild. 

Tatiana Mocha

Those are a nice affordable and well liked coffee forward cigar. Flavored cigars are not my cup of tea but he may find these good and mild. 
    Forgot about those, they aren't bad.
    I'm gonna have to pass him on a list of all these guys! I had no idea there were so many to choose from. Thanks for all the suggestions!