Home Cigar 101

Another mystery Gurkha?

Gentlemen,

I recently enjoyed a fine Gurkha cigar of approximately 6 x 50 with a connecticut wrapper. It had the Gurkha legend label with a silver band just below. I enjoyed it so much I now want to buy a box but I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind it was. I am hopping one of you Gurkha experts can help me out… Anyhow, I have found a picture of one in the C.com 5 for 5 sampler and have seen a similar cigar elsewhere listed as the Gurkha Symphony. I can’t seem to find it listed on C.com and wanted to be sure what it was before I went elsewhere or called in to special order it from C.com.

Thank you in advance for you help.

J

Comments

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I think that you are referring to the Gurkha Symphony. I had one, but it was too mild for me. Great flavors on the stick, just not my cup o tea.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    abramsjt:

Gentlemen,

I recently enjoyed a fine Gurkha cigar of approximately 6 x 50 with a connecticut wrapper. It had the Gurkha legend label with a silver band just below. I enjoyed it so much I now want to buy a box but I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind it was. I am hopping one of you Gurkha experts can help me out… Anyhow, I have found a picture of one in the C.com 5 for 5 sampler and have seen a similar cigar elsewhere listed as the Gurkha Symphony. I can’t seem to find it listed on C.com and wanted to be sure what it was before I went elsewhere or called in to special order it from C.com.

Thank you in advance for you help.

J

Google image the Gurkha Symphony it has the Connecticut wrapper you mentioned as well as the silver signature band that says silver edition. I too believe that is what you smoked. I do like that milder smoke It's very much like another one of my favorites the AVO.
  • Are you referring to the cigar from the ccom 5 for 5 smooth and creamy sampler, or did you just see the picture of it in the 5 for 5 image? I too have been wondering what that cigar is ever since I received it in my sampler. It looks very much like a Symphony if you go to the Gurkha website, but the image there does  not have the legend band in addition to the silver signature band. I'm hoping I like it, whatever it is. I'm usually not a big fan of mild cigars, but the price was impossible to pass up.
  • Yes, I am refering to the cigar pictured in the top of the "5 for 5 smooth and creamy sampler" photo. I have also seen a simiar cigar designated as a Gurkha Symphony pictured with out the Legends band like the one on the Gurkha site.

Im goint to call in to C.com and try to place a special order on Monday. Hopping this is the corect cigar...

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    The Gurkha band wasn't always on the Symphony. Newer releases of the cigar have that band added. Older releases just had the one silver band.
  • dutyje:
    The Gurkha band wasn't always on the Symphony. Newer releases of the cigar have that band added. Older releases just had the one silver band.

Thanks for clarifying that. Do you know why they're adding the Legend style bands to so many things? The Titan and Beast both have the same band as the Legend, for example. This seems a little confusing to me as it suggests the cigars are all a part of the same range, just in different sizes; and yet in many cases, cigars with different contents are all getting that band.

Am I reading too much into it?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It's not a Legend-style band... it's a Gurkha-style band. That's the band for the brand. If you look closely, you'll see each one is slightly different (as an example, the Royal Brigade has red on it, and the Legend is more monotone).
  • Ah. Guess I just got confused. While all Gurkha cigars I've owned have the picture of the Gurkha with his sword, only some seem to share what I'm referring to as the 'Legend-style band.' The first couple of Gurkha's I had were a Regent and a Legend. The Regent band has the word 'regent' on the bottom, while the legend said 'legend.' For that matter, the Black Puro's have a different band too. I thought they would all have a unique band until I saw that my Legends, Titans, and Beasts have identical bands (as does the Symphony in question, for that matter.)