Home Non Cigar Related

Sick

ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
It's been the hottest week of the year, and I have a cold/sinus infection/ear infection. FML!

there will be no smoking for me for 1+ weeks. :-(

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    It's been the hottest week of the year, and I have a cold/sinus infection/ear infection. FML!

there will be no smoking for me for 1+ weeks. :-(
    That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Drewski....good time to drink plenty of ice water with lemon! Chicken soup probably doesn't sound good but helps if you're on strong antibiotics. Stay cool bro!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better soon.
    One God, One Truth
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Are you inside in a highly air conditioned environment?

I've found that when the AC is cranked up way too high at night (which the wife ALWAYS does) I end up with a sore throat in the morning...same thing that happens when hot days suddenly turn cold in the fall.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that man! That sucks big time. :( feel better soon and don't rush the healing process... It can only make things drag on longer. As for a quick fix... I find vodka usually works wonders for me when I'm sick. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah bro! Summer colds suck! They are so hard to get rid of once they get in your sinuses and chest this time of year.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Hot herbal tea with a spoonful of raw honey and lemon juice seems to help me.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Drew. Colds take on a special hell when its hot.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Are you inside in a highly air conditioned environment?

I've found that when the AC is cranked up way too high at night (which the wife ALWAYS does) I end up with a sore throat in the morning...same thing that happens when hot days suddenly turn cold in the fall.
    I think it was from going between ac and non ac at work. It all stems from chronic issues with my sinus' and ears. :(

Thank you all for the well wishes. The real downside is not being able to smoke cigars. I'm miss some quality smoking time. I'll have to pick out something very special for my return to the hobby when I can start to taste things again.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    So have been out in Maryland, yesterday I fly home......Get to airport and want to grab a bite to eat.... So in my infinite mind of wisdom, we decide to grab some SEAFOOD (please quit laughing Trident) at the airport....

Each order soup, Mark has Clam Soup, I have the Lobster Bisque ( Stop Laughing Rome) along with a seafood sampler... Every thing is good.......

Board plane for Milwaukee, about an hour into the two hour flight, start to feel pains, taking deep breaths to get air....S H I T!!! Head to bathroom...and well it is bad, get done and leaving trying to wait for it to air out...see a gentleman waiting and say inform him there is possible hazardous waste in there....Back to seat..

!0 minutes later announce that they are starting initial decent into Milwaukee and to return to seats and buckle up.. All the time I am taking deep breathes ...need more air.. Get up and return to bathroom tell flight attendant I'm sick, also that this little white bag isn't going to get it DUN done, so she hands me a plastic garbage bag... Into bathroom and all H E L L breaks loose.....after awhile pilot comes on air and says prepare for landing......Attendants knocks on door and say I have to return to seat.....are Fvcking kidding me?? Open the door while still on toilet and say I can do this in My seat, in the aisle , or here , she says your ok and pushes door shut, probably smell getting to her...

Anybody every try flushing a toilet under vacuum while you are sitting on it????

So I finally get off flight retrieve bags, and head home which is usually a 1:15 minute drive. Well 4-5 stops ( one at a McDonalds in which I felt I had to give a $50.00 tip to whoever cleans the bathrooms, I really didn't know it could come out like that before sitting down) and 2 1/2 hours later get home. All the time is stupid because, I felt as If I could pass out, and still feeling effects. Immediately wife goes into nurse mode and take care of things, gotta love her.. Wake this morning feeling a little better, but legs feel as if weightless and the effects are still lingering, so as I lay in bed due to mandatory bed rest per wife....yeah, was bored figured to fill you in!! LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a rough flight. Hope you get your strength back soon!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moral of the story: Don't eat bottom feeding bugs.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I'm guessing seafood is out for awhile! Damn that was great reading but I sure hope you feel better.... Weight loss program has started!! Btw... Don't worry too much about the other flat box that's waiting.... Get your strength before opening! :) feel better!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I'm guessing seafood is out for awhile! Damn that was great reading but I sure hope you feel better.... Weight loss program has started!! Btw... Don't worry too much about the other flat box that's waiting.... Get your strength before opening! :) feel better!
    yes feeling better, laying bed relaxing:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    MVW67:
    So have been out in Maryland, yesterday I fly home......Get to airport and want to grab a bite to eat.... So in my infinite mind of wisdom, we decide to grab some SEAFOOD (please quit laughing Trident) at the airport....

Each order soup, Mark has Clam Soup, I have the Lobster Bisque ( Stop Laughing Rome) along with a seafood sampler... Every thing is good.......

Board plane for Milwaukee, about an hour into the two hour flight, start to feel pains, taking deep breaths to get air....S H I T!!! Head to bathroom...and well it is bad, get done and leaving trying to wait for it to air out...see a gentleman waiting and say inform him there is possible hazardous waste in there....Back to seat..

!0 minutes later announce that they are starting initial decent into Milwaukee and to return to seats and buckle up.. All the time I am taking deep breathes ...need more air.. Get up and return to bathroom tell flight attendant I'm sick, also that this little white bag isn't going to get it DUN done, so she hands me a plastic garbage bag... Into bathroom and all H E L L breaks loose.....after awhile pilot comes on air and says prepare for landing......Attendants knocks on door and say I have to return to seat.....are Fvcking kidding me?? Open the door while still on toilet and say I can do this in My seat, in the aisle , or here , she says your ok and pushes door shut, probably smell getting to her...

Anybody every try flushing a toilet under vacuum while you are sitting on it????

So I finally get off flight retrieve bags, and head home which is usually a 1:15 minute drive. Well 4-5 stops ( one at a McDonalds in which I felt I had to give a $50.00 tip to whoever cleans the bathrooms, I really didn't know it could come out like that before sitting down) and 2 1/2 hours later get home. All the time is stupid because, I felt as If I could pass out, and still feeling effects. Immediately wife goes into nurse mode and take care of things, gotta love her.. Wake this morning feeling a little better, but legs feel as if weightless and the effects are still lingering, so as I lay in bed due to mandatory bed rest per wife....yeah, was bored figured to fill you in!! LOL

LOL! So much for those Maryland crabs. This sounds like my adventures on a flight from Heathrow to Dulles after eating something bad... while sitting in the middle of 3 person row. And after getting back and getting in a car... let me say that I had no idea that I was capable of holding it for as long as it took to get home!
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks man! Sorry to hear your trip ended in such a ... Non-good way. Hope you start feelin better soon and back to your normal self. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Sorry to hear about that Mike
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Lots of fluids... get yourself well and stay away from any airport food!
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    curtpick:
    Lots of fluids... get yourself well and stay away from any airport food!

agreed airport food = bad news.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Yikes I hope that never happens to me. The planes that fly too and from Farmington don't have lavatories. I almost had to pee in a can after spending all day in the New Belgium lounge in Denver IA.

Get to feeling better Drew and you too Mike.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:

What a great story :-)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:

Thats a sh itty experiance but sooooooo damn funny!

Aj
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67 said:

Bump 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike @MVW67 you need to come back tomorrow and tell us the story in person. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    God that story was hilarious, it still is! Gotta love MVW
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter