Home General Discussion

Cigar Clubs

Are cigar clubs worth the money? Or is it a hit a miss. 

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    it's  hit and miss. But you can cancel if you want to. 
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best advice would be to go in and get to know the staff/other members. If they seem like a good crew, go for it!

There was a store I frequented down south with a good selection and a very nice lounge, but I never got a very welcoming vibe. With the exception of my first visit where the attendant watched me like a hawk in the humidor, I had to go track down the guy everytime I was ready to make a purchase. Never got to know him, he never made an effort to get to know me.

My regular haunt down in Harrisburg, on the other hand, treated me like their MVP from day one. The staff is very friendly and other customers actually strike up conversation in the humidor/lounge area. They just asked me to join last week. For $25 a year it's really a no brainer. You get in store discounts, discounts on lockers, and there's a wine & spirits store to one side, beer zoo to the other. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the OP meant a Club where you go and hang w/ cigar club members, or a subscription like Cigar Of The Month...  but I'm guessing it's the latter.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the Cigar Federation monthly mail out (I have never subscribed), and it is usually full of nice smokes.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking he meant a cigar club like a billy club, would guess hit or miss depends on your aim
    A little dirt never hurt