Home Non Cigar Related

What temperature do you keep your house?

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Alright fellas, summer finally showed up big time here in the northeast. We got up into the 90s most of this week with lots of that wonderful humidity. I drank over 4 gallons of water today and still didn't need to take a squirt between noon and 7pm. Yeah...f*** that.

Now personally I'm an eskimo, so my house stays at 69° during the day and 64° for sleeping. I'm staying down here at my buddy's place, and they keep their thermostat set to 78° during the day and it gets turned off at night. I'M ROASTING IN THE PITS OF HELL! Stripped down to the bare essentials and have the small fan in the guest room going full tilt, but I think it's gonna be another one of those sleepless nights.

What do you all keep the house set to? In the winter I wouldn't even turn the heat on if it wasn't for the pipes freezing. Usually keep it at 64/59 once the snow starts to fly. Interested in hearing everyone else's preference.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their house gets to 78 degrees?
    Good grief, it rarely gets above 75 out side here.
    So since we don't have A/C, our house gets to what ever it is outside.
    On hot nights, the sea fog rolls in and cools it down and we open windows.

So my input is useless. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    93 Wednesday, 92 Yesterday, 89 today. It hardly felt cooler inside when we broke for lunch.

I try to make subtle hints like, "Damn it's hot as hell in here dude!" Maybe he's not getting the message?

Perhaps I should move on out to Oregon. I could deal with 75 for a high.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....CooL...
    Wylaff said:
    You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off.
    ....SeZ Who.... MarkWell might wanna throW doWn DammiT.
    That has always been my motto, but I'm game for a little thermostat throw down so long as it doesn't become a heated discussion lol.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it at 70
    ....Heated discussion, ya wouldn't last a sec at the old CI Banter.  And don't take that as a Cut. Just Banter'N My Brother....
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    77 during the day & 71 at night. 

Got a a programmable thermostat, save $$ during the day by kicking it up a few degrees 

keep it cool to sleep though 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    ....Heated discussion, ya wouldn't last a sec at the old CI Banter.  And don't take that as a Cut. Just Banter'N My Brother....
    Wut?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time of year we run 78-80, winter 70ish.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on down

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    71-72
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    72 in the summer. 66 in the winter.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever the temperature is outside in the summer, 38-60 in the winter (we heat with a wood stove and have lots of sweatshirts and sweaters and a good electric blanket).
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    76 summer, 68 winter
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set it and forget it!

(So,......I cant remember what I set it at.)
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.....playing for @CharlieHeis    B)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Oct. through early May is 66/60.  Rest of the year is whatever Mother Nature offers, with the windows wide open.  Only when the dew points get ridiculous or night-time temps stay in the mid-70's does the A/C go on, maybe a dozen days of the year.  I hate having the windows closed all winter, so I'm keeping them open as often as possible.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    77 during the day & 71 at night. 

Got a a programmable thermostat, save $$ during the day by kicking it up a few degrees 

keep it cool to sleep though 
    Would do that, but it get noticeably warmer upstairs then downstairs; I think the AC system needs cleaned and it just doesn't push air up to the 2nd story(at least not to the bedroom).  

Usually set it for 72 for hot days and down to 70 at night.  Any warmer than that during the day and it takes hours to cool off the upstairs, even with a fan blowing air up the stairs.    
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a programmable thermostat, however it is possessed and refuses to be reprogrammed. AC is off daytime because we are not home. We curtained off the older part of the house and only cool or heat the half we actually use. I set the temp at 77 to cool, 74 for heat winter. 
    The thermostat will revert to its old program and jump to 68 at night whenever it desires. I have tried resetting and even removed the batteries for a while. I miss the old dial control. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    76 during the day 74 for sleeping. Woodstove in winter.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Just got through the door back here in Pennsyltucky. Threw dat thermostat down to 64! 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much stays at 75 year round.
    Too much lower and it would run 24/7 and the electric company would get my pay check. The low this morning was 82 high 94 so it gets a workout
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5