Home Non Cigar Related

Who watches PD LIVE....?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Non Cigar Related
I have stopped watching 90% of the TV shows I have watched for years.

(I WILL NEVER MISS A
SINGLE EPISODE OF "GOT", the one exception. And my wife buys the DVDs when they are available.)

I got hooked on PD Live after 6 or so weeks, just another "reality cop show" and I would only watch part of it. But now it is the one show I really look forward to.

I stopped watching everything else because one way or another they all get political.

I watch about an hour while it is on before I crash, and catch the rest of it the day after. Just like actors in a TV show I have my favorite people. Casey, Lawrence, "Sticks" and one really cute female lady person officer always impress me.

Well, poor Casey just seems to get the strange cases. People in compromising "positions" and sex toys. He is legend on the show.

The number of children that are put in harm's way by "parents" is a disgrace and always gets to me. It happens way to often.

I am also blown away by the number of people who have no Driver Licences and no ID. What's up with that?

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching from day 1. You would think that some of these idiots carrying drugs would do a routine pre-check of their car before leaving the house with drugs. Nope. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some co-workers that are obsessed with it. I checked it out yesterday. 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched it a couple times, thought it was kinda of over moderated…I'd rather watch Cops, especially the older episodes of Cops, crazy stuff going on back then. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I live PD Live 
    Thank you for your service.
    I try to say thanks to every cop and military service men I can, that I appreciate what they do. I don't have the patience to deal with stupid people. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Usaf06 said:
    I live PD Live 
    Thank you for your service.
    I try to say thanks to every cop and military service men I can, that I appreciate what they do. I don't have the patience to deal with stupid people. 
    Just shoot them and let Nick sort it out
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant watch it.....
    it's just a never-ending parade of morons who don't seem to know or insist upon their rights.

Why in the name of God, would you give a cop permission to search your car even though you have drugs?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they foolishly think they can bluff us.  If I say, "Yes," maybe the officer will think I have nothing to hide.  It doesn't work!
    edited July 2017
     my dad was a cop for thirty years, my mother was a cop in Los Angeles, and later the first female deputy sheriff in a small County in Northern Utah.
    My great-great-great-great-grandfather was the first sheriff in this same county.
    I come from a family with a long history of involvement with law enforcement, mom, dad, and uncles, cousins, nieces, my nephew Josh took a gang members 9mm through the thigh and was back to work in 3 days.
    I used to ride with my dad when I was young.
    Nothing has changed, even then people didn't know their own rights.
     I used to ask my dad " if people have the right to remain silent, why don't they use it?"  He would just laugh and say, "I don't know son people are dumb."

Live PD is an unending parade of morons that don't even know their own rights.
    I can't watch it, I just end up screaming profanities at the television.
    Things like....." how stupid are you?"
    "Why the FFFFF would you say that?"
    Or...." yeah keep answering questions, and talk yourself right into a jail cell!"
    Or....." do you even have a nodding acquaintance with the Constitution?"
    Lately though its...."Why the FFFFF aren't you recording this encounter?"
     a man can never have enough dashcams, multiple cameras multiple microphones from multiple different angles.
    It never comes down to my word against the cops in a court of law.

The depths of human stupidity still amazes me.

My ancestors fought and died to give me those rights.   you will never catch me waving any of them.  They are about as important to me as either one of my arms or legs.

But still the one that always gets under my skin, is the ones who allow permission to search thinking that cop won't find his drugs.  

Yeah, he's stupid, he's never going to find your hiding place LOL..... I'm sure he fell off the turnip wagon about an hour ago and he's not going to think to look in your pack of cigarettes.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Post edited by Sketch6995 on

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Because they foolishly think they can bluff us.  If I say, "Yes," maybe the officer will think I have nothing to hide.  It doesn't work!

There is a great deal to that statement.
    But, I also believe that some are of the mind to be cooperative because they know they could be going to jail and why make it worst. 

The ones that really get to me are the ones who think they know the law.
    I have to say I respect cops and the job they do. I would never think to give a cop a hard time.

I remember the cops when I was in my teens. Now they disregarded the law all the time and pretty much did what they wanted.
    You don't catch me giving them a hard time either, but I definitely will choose to remain silent.
    I won't waive any of my rights for any reason.
    I have the right to remain silent and I will invoke it.
    Most officers can do their jobs within the confines of the Constitution.
    If they make a reasonable mistake they are covered by qualified immunity.  We are not.
     you are better off making no statements at all.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote Ron White......" I have the rite to remain silent, but not the ability."

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    edited July 2017
    Well now this is exactly my point, when a cop gets in trouble the first thing he does is clams up so tight not even his union rep or his prepaid for lawyer can get a word out of him.
    This is a copy and paste from that Minneapolis shooting that happened with the Australian women.

Officer Mohamed Noor, who was in the car with him and fired the weapon in the fatal shooting Saturday, has exercised his constitutional right not to speak to state investigators, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Tuesday.

This is why I exercise my constitutional right to keep my mouth firmly shut, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You won't ever catch me making any statements to any cop for any reason.
    I don't give them a hard time, but in the same breath I don't wave any of my constitutional rights either.

A cop can use every single word you say against you in a court of law, and will. But you can't use anything he says in your defense, you can't even bring it up in trial. That's because he's legally allowed to lie to you, and might have given you a false statement.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^

If what has been said so far is true, this officer is about to say hello to Bubba for about 10-20 years.  Sound like he got spooked and just opened fire. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Getting a conviction on a police officer is right next door to Impossible.
    All it takes is one person on that jury that won't convict a cop for any reason.
    Then it ends in a mistrial.  Like with Ray Tensing, or Walter Scott thing.
     we saw him put eight bullets into that man's back as he was running away, then he picked up the taser and dropped it next to the dying body.  I think we're working on the second mistrial there.
    Even with direct video evidence that absolutely contradicts the officer's testimony, we still can't get a conviction.

I am watching now. I am amazed at the crap they have to go through. 
    A question I have almost every show is why aren't people with no ID or DL arrested, especially since they are driving?
    Also, the small female lady people cops (I mean no disrespect at all) are some tough folks. Is it OK if I fantasize?

edited October 2017
    Driving without your driver's license on your person isn't an arrestable offense.
    It's just a fix it ticket.  Bring your driver's license to the sheriff's office and present it, and it gets dropped.
    Same as if you had a headlight out.  Repair the headlight drive it to the sheriff's office and show them it's fixed.
    Never goes court 
    It isn't much of a crime.