Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since the weather sucks here in Quinton, NJ, with high temps and higher humidity, I thought I'd ask everyone else "How's your weather"? Maybe we can collectively suffer together or maybe not.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Since the weather sucks here in Quinton, NJ, with high temps and higher humidity, I thought I'd ask everyone else "How's your weather"? Maybe we can collectively suffer together or maybe not.
    ....We kinda cooled off with the front......79 here now in southern Ohio.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot here in TN. 94 feels like 107. Humidity actually not bad 55%. If you're workin in the shade you're lucky. If you're workin' in the sun, it's bad. 
    Bob_Luken said:
    Hot here in TN. 94 feels like 107. Humidity actually not bad 55%. If you're workin in the shade you're lucky. If you're workin' in the sun, it's bad. 
    Bob, care if I ask where You are in TN?.......
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    72 here on Cape Cod, relative humidity 55%. It's been high 80's and quite humid for a week or so. 
    72 here on Cape Cod, relative humidity 55%. It's been high 80's and quite humid for a week or so. 
    sm, absolute beautiful area you reside in.....
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped down to high 90s today and still miserable humidity. Afternoon thunderstorm cooled it off now.
    Bob_Luken said:
    TruDog said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Bob, care if I ask where You are in TN?.......
    I'm a tad southeast of Nashville. If you ask me to be more specific, I'll get suspicious. 
    ....Ha Ha....just a P-ToWn PunK here.   We vaca late Fall in the ForGe
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous today! 78 degrees and 60%! Milford CT
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    cbuck said:

Well, now we need a "bite-me" button!

Just kidding, sounds great. :) 

Talk to you again in February. :p
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weather is the red-headed stepchild of conversation.

It's summer. That means heat and humidity broken by thunderstorms. Yesterday, rode Biffy Bullfrog thru Amish country looking for shade grown Connecticut broadleaf. Started nice; turned hotter; became stifling; rode home in refreshing rain. Today, rode Sopowa to herf with a fellow cigar roller in the city. Started nice; turned hotter; became stifling; rode home in air so thick that whiffling through it created enough turbulence to precipitate droplets -- a horizontal rain localized to just me. Now it's thunderbumbling & big drop raining. Temps dropped 15 degrees. Tomorrow when I ride to work, the weather will go like so: start nice; turn hotter; become stifling. After work I'll ride home & it'll thunderstorm.

& people will complain like it's sposed to do anything else.

Way better than the alternative. Where I grew up, SoCal, it started hot, grew hotter, until you could fry an egg on the sidewalk, while we would all brag "... but it's a dry heat". Never humidity, no thunderstorm, no green at all. Hot that melted the tar out of asphalt so it stuck to your shoes. Here at least we got jungle heat. Skeeter heat. Mow twice a day if you wanted to.

All's I gotta say is, God bless Willis Carrier... love that man. Give him all the kilowatts he needs.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

web  got Game....
    ... just as I finish that, here comes flash flood warning on my phone, duh.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:

Well, now we need a "bite-me" button!

Just kidding, sounds great. :) 

Talk to you again in February. :p
    February? When I spend 24 days in Florida? We miss a good bit of the crap, but not all of it! One things for sure, we can't control it, so just go with the flow!
    ,,,web, Got Game....
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

....Ill Kick Yo dumB aZZ...lil ****.....
    ....WinK......
    Ha Ha....  PunK, ya **** with Me....I hire Friends that deaL...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you drunk?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has rained here all summer.  Have to mow my lawn twice a week and I cut 2 acres. Last time we had this kind of summer the winter that followed was brutal.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ^^^Sounds like a lot of quality smoking time^^^

We have got a lot of rain the last couple weeks also, the gravel hasn't grown a bit but I will take the 80 degree evenings anytime, even if I have to wear a hoody.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    71° and muggy here in PA. Got up my the mid 80s today which was a nice change, but the humidity is still killer.

My friends down in northern Delaware weren't so lucky this evening. They received 5" of rain in less than an hour. The Red Clay Valley, which begins in PA and continues down to the Delaware River, spilled over its banks around 7:30pm, flooding roads and causing lots of problems.

Some early photos from my friends at the railroad there:

Rolling Mill Road

Barley Mill

Taken from track level on one of our trestles, which is 16' high. You can see the water is almost reaching the crossties.

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit 101 today. Due to drop to 66 tonight. There is still snowcaps 3 miles from my house. Gotta love the high dessert.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    58 at night and 78 in the day. Thunderstorms every couple of days in the afternoon. North Carolina mountain weather. A green world.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It. Snowed. Today. And. It's. 95. Degrees. W. T. F.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you... All I'm getting is a lot of ice... That is the ice I put in my glass of bourbon as I sit and smoke one.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freaking hot and humid with the occasional torrential downpour. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Freaking hot and humid with the occasional torrential downpour. 
    Yeah same here in Jersey, another 3 Inches of rain in a couple of hours.

Albinfk said:
    It has rained here all summer.  Have to mow my lawn twice a week and I cut 2 acres. Last time we had this kind of summer the winter that followed was brutal.
    Should be. I read we are going thru epic solar storms, big enough that one storm knock ed out most of the grids in central america. Such solar storms are a feature of no sun spots and thus are followed by a couple of brutal winters. 

But, you know, forecasts...