Home Non Cigar Related

Toilet paper roll. Over or under?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Non Cigar Related
I listened to an argument today about which is the correct way.
To put toilet paper so it rolls out, or so it hangs down from behind.
So which is it. LOL!
 :D 

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Toilet paper roll. Over or under? 21 votes

Over
66%
rmccloudYankeeManAmos_Umwhat0patienceBigshizzaMartelBob_LukenEdna20miller65rodskydiverDWaterNerdWylaffJay6Markwell 14 votes
Under
4%
Yakster 1 vote
Who cares, as long as it's there.
28%
CharlieHeisjd50aematkn293Usaf06TX98Z28Heavysetrapier 6 votes

Comments

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    This is a constant battle in my house. We have actually gotten into arguments because someone will put it up in the under position, and I will then come along and place it in the correct position. 

By placing the roll so that it dispenses over the top, it is much easier to find from a seated position. When one installs the roll incorrectly the other way round (under), it does not welcome one's hand to the next sheet on deck. Thus one must hunt, if you will, for the starting position. 

I went so far as to post a sign in the downstairs bathroom last year, showing the correct way to install a roll of TP. Let's just say that didn't go over so well. I was only trying to educate the poor folks!

A quick search on Google will bring up lots of funny memes and such. Even Wiki had a page on how to correctly install a roll of paper. 

In case you were wondering, I don't consider this issue one of my many obsessive compulsions but it sure as heck irks me when I grab that first cup of coffee and head for the bathroom first thing in the morning...yes, I occasionally enjoy a coffee on the can. Don't judge. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    Well, the way my mind thinks, if the roll is under and the TP hangs down close to the wall, it can touch the walls and any nasty from the wall has now contaminated the TP.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I hope your walls aren't as contaminated as that wad of TP at its final destination
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under
    The area behind the roll is shielded from the micro spray when flushing. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    Yakster said:
    The area behind the roll is shielded from the micro spray when flushing. 
    But then you pull two segments and your grabbing the same crap that wasn't shielded.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Over
    Related image

The patent says over.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Over
    Speaking of micro spray, you should never keep your tooth brush exposed within 15 feet of the nearest toilet. All them bacteria germs get in your mouth...yuck! Keep my brush in a travel holder up in the medicine cabinet :)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Under
    Washing your hands multiple times a day is easier than washing your backside that often. 

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    Over. Unless you got a good reason to do it wrong,...... do it right. 

Over
    Markwell said:
    yes, I occasionally enjoy a coffee on the can. Don't judge. 
    Related image

Under
    I drink coffee and beer in the bathroom and if it's really good in the shower. Don't try this at home. I'm a professional. 

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Related image

The patent says over.

Difficult to argue with the US Patent Office
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the toilet seat up or down this is one of the most important issues of the day.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    Over, of course!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you know the Army technique of wiping, you only need one square, so it really doesn't matter.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    peter4jc said:
    If you know the Army technique of wiping, you only need one square, so it really doesn't matter.
    In the Marines they didn't teach us anything about wiping our butts. I suppose we had to attend so many classes on killing our enemies that they couldn't worry about teaching us wiping techniques.  

I call my technique the "get the poop off your azz and also keep the poop off your hands while not clogging up the crapper method". And it takes more than one square. 
    Over
    The battle continues 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do neither. I stand the roll up on the holder and lean it against the wall like so

This is the easiest way to find the next sheet...
    Same, lol ^

In truth, I was an under guy because of the cat my mom had growing up. We would go under for the reason Yakster stated above. I also know of the patent that clearly shows over is the correct way. Hard to argue with the government and its efficiency lol. 

Now I just put the roll on without looking and whichever way it is, that's the way it stays. Anarchy!
    Over
    Must be east German ^^^
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Must be east German ^^^
    :D I work for a German company and I hear this a lot. 
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Use to work with a Old Dude that always said...."Why Bother, I always get a Clean Break".....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over
    1-ply... the only time I get a piece of a$$
    Under
    Reminds me of this roll of vinyl electrical tape I found that had accidentally been rolled sticky side out. 

Over
    Bigshizza said:
    1-ply... the only time I get a piece of a$$
    Why the hell do they even make one ply?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Over
    0patience said:

Why the hell do they even make one ply?

For MRE packs...duh! Known in the service as John Wayne paper because it's rough, tough, and don't take sheeit off nobody. 
    Over
    MRE's are the reason they shouldn't give 1 ply in the military.  ;)
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: