Home Non Cigar Related

Finally up to speed in the gaming world

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
So my buddy Brooklyn dropped into town from Saudi Arabia and brought me a little present. A Playstation 3. So now I'm up to speed with the rest of the gaming world. Not really cause I'm still trying to figure out how the thing works, but I'll soon be able to play online and stuff like that. Guess he got tired of hearing about my Tiger Woods 2005 and NCAA Football 2006 accomplishments. LOL

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Congrats, the ps3 is pretty amazing. What kind of games you like? I have some laying around that I can lend you.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    you can also stream video from Netflix if you have an account. pretty decent bluray player as well
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Congrats, the ps3 is pretty amazing. What kind of games you like? I have some laying around that I can lend you.
    I mostly get into sports games: NCAA Football, Tiger Woods Golf, Hockey, you name it. Brooklyn has me playing Call of Duty 2 right now. Getting better but still can't aim very well.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the Xbox 360 is a far superior gaming console. Yeah PS3 has blue ray but who cares? I can get a blue ray for under $90 now. I have played many games on the PS3 and just don't like it. Cool you got one though and are enjoying it. You need to check out Call of Duty Modern Warfare and MW2. Also, Call of Duty World at War if you like shooters. IDK how the online side of PS3 is but Xbox Live makes it like a whole new game. You have to play those shooters online. Many of your games you can download new content for and it keeps the game updated and fun. Nothing like playing online with little kids talking smack. Good times.
    jsnake:
    IMO the Xbox 360 is a far superior gaming console. Yeah PS3 has blue ray but who cares? I can get a blue ray for under $90 now. I have played many games on the PS3 and just don't like it. Cool you got one though and are enjoying it. You need to check out Call of Duty Modern Warfare and MW2. Also, Call of Duty World at War if you like shooters. IDK how the online side of PS3 is but Xbox Live makes it like a whole new game. You have to play those shooters online. Many of your games you can download new content for and it keeps the game updated and fun. Nothing like playing online with little kids talking smack. Good times.
    The PS3/360 debate is classic, like cello on or off. Its funny to see the fanboys get so worked up about their consoles. Xbox live definitely has the advantage when it comes to online gaming. Ps3 online is getting better, but I think xbox live is still better in terms of content and usability. And yes, it's definitely satisfying to kill some 13 year old punk online and then taunt him about it
    clearlysuspect:
    sightunseen:
    I mostly get into sports games: NCAA Football, Tiger Woods Golf, Hockey, you name it. Brooklyn has me playing Call of Duty 2 right now. Getting better but still can't aim very well.
    Ah, damn. Unfortunately I dont have sports games. You should check out the newest FIFA. My girlfriends bro bought it and he said it was amazing. I mostly like the third-person action games, which is why I am psyched about God of War 3 coming out.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    OMG SNAKE!!! What have you started?!?!
    They both have merit.
    stephen_hannibal:
    OMG SNAKE!!! What have you started?!?!
    They both have merit.
    I totally didn't mean to come off like I was bashing the PS3. I personally prefer the Xbox 360 and I was coming from the perspective of having played both consoles. I am a fan of Sony's past work. I just don't think the PS3 lived up to the hype and most Sony fanboys argue about the blue ray which has nothing to do with gaming. Not trying to start a debate on consoles. Was hoping a few guys might say hey I have a PS3 or Xbox 360 also so I could add some friends to play with. Some of my cigar friends off of Twitter and I play CoD MW2 online and created the CGAR clan. Lots of fun if any of you guys are on Live and want to play.

Glad to see a BOTL back into gaming though no matter what console. Very cool for him. If I had the opportunity to have a PS3 I would own one for sure. I was able to get my kids "theirs" (ours) back for Christmas due to awesome holiday deals and work picking up. I could only afford 1 or the other and the unanimous vote was Xbox 360.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Did I mention it was free? Also think it's way cool that I'm typing this post through the web browser on my PS3. It would be alot faster with that little keyboard though. I'm gonna have to get one of those!
  • FubarFubar Posts: 33
    I own both and I use both daily. There is so much each console can do. Glad you are semi up to speed with a ps3. Now you just need to hook it up to the entertainment center and start streaming movies.
    clearlysuspect:
    jsnake:
    Did I mention it was free? Also think it's way cool that I'm typing this post through the web browser on my PS3. It would be alot faster with that little keyboard though. I'm gonna have to get one of those!
    That is a pretty awesome friend you have there for sure. Hope you enjoy it and use it alot. I wouldn't turn a free one away.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I have an Xbox 360 as well. Modern Warfare 2 is aweome. As for the PS3, you should check out Socom.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Prototype is a pretty insane game, and it's PS3 only I am fairly certain. My brother ows it, I tried it out when I was at his place last and it was so much fun! I def. reccomend picking that one up.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    clearlysuspect:
    jsnake:
    I wouldn't pay for the ps3 keyboard when any old USB keyboard will work.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    clearlysuspect:
    So my buddy Brooklyn dropped into town from Saudi Arabia and brought me a little present. A Playstation 3. So now I'm up to speed with the rest of the gaming world. Not really cause I'm still trying to figure out how the thing works, but I'll soon be able to play online and stuff like that. Guess he got tired of hearing about my Tiger Woods 2005 and NCAA Football 2006 accomplishments. LOL
    You have to play Uncharted. It's only available on PS3 and it's one of the best games i've ever played. I have a copy of the first one (uncharted 2 came out a few months back) I could lend out if you're interested... I also have a copy of Madden i'd be willing to trade... once you get online you can download demos of new and upcoming games. You basically get to play a level and see if you like it. It's a pretty gate system... You'll love it.