Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Gold Night

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
So I ordered a box of the 5 Vegas Gold (I know, cheap, but I love the taste) mainly for the box. I've been craving the gold brick box since I started smoking cigars. Excited to finally get it. Then tonight they had a "Rogue Beer" night at the Pub I like here, called 8th St. Ale House. And one of the beers they had on tap for the night was a Hazelnut beer, dark in color but light in flavor. That said I could smell the hazelnut without taking a single sip. Had it through out our meal, and then asked for another and found that the Hazelnut Beer really brought out the nuttiness in a 5 Vegas Gold. Neither overpowered the other. So if you get a chance to try the two together, I highly recommend it. They were very complimentary to each other.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rogue Hazelnut Brown is a pretty tasty lighter beer. If you laked that, try their Hazelnut Choctabulous. It's mixed with their stout for a very tasty combination.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new(ish) humidor they have on the market is kick azz tho. Wouldn't mind grabbing one. Anybody on here have one? How's the overall quality? 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Pair a 5 vegas gold with a garbage can for best results
    You are entitled to your own opinion  but your opinion is wrong. :P
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    /\/\/\you tell him bro/\/\/\
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Markwell said:
    The new(ish) humidor they have on the market is kick azz tho. Wouldn't mind grabbing one. Anybody on here have one? How's the overall quality? 
    I have 3 of them, all off Sprint. They work fine. Quality is high.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't let these guys get you down.  If 5v Golds weren't worth smoking they'd have stopped selling them years ago!   They're one of the only 5V, and one of the only mild cigars I enjoy. 

Thanks for the tip on the pairing. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not meaning to sound sarcastic or dickish this time.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say again.
    I will be more then happy to accept any 5 Vegas Golds that are unwanted in your homes.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I say again.
    I will be more then happy to accept any 5 Vegas Golds that are unwanted in your homes.
    The only 5 Vegas I don't like is the Gold Maduro. My favorite though is the Cask Strength, got a few of those in the box too. But the gold is a solid daily cigar for me. Cedary, a little creamy, a hint of pepperiness. It's pure GOLD in my book. xD Much better than any of the Gurkha line of course which is "New Band, New Box, same one note taste of Cedar!" xD
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    jd50ae said:
    I say again.
    The only 5 Vegas I don't like is the Gold Maduro. My favorite though is the Cask Strength, got a few of those in the box too. But the gold is a solid daily cigar for me. Cedary, a little creamy, a hint of pepperiness. It's pure GOLD in my book. xD Much better than any of the Gurkha line of course which is "New Band, New Box, same one note taste of Cedar!" xD
    I agree with everything you just said.  Cask Strength is definitely the best of the 5V in my mind.  The original though.  Not the"II".
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better check the DD!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody should send me a couple of these cigar bands so I can make some stands for @jd50ae
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 what is the best way to remove the bands without the glue tearing them? 9 times out of 10 I go to remove it with you in mind, but they're mangled by the time I get them off. I do wait until the ash is just below the band in hopes that it'll loosen the glue with heat. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Markwell
    You're doing it right, let the heat loosen the glue is the best way.
    As long as the damage is on the ends it's okay cuz that part goes on the bottom of the stand.
     and touching them up with a colored magic marker isn't that hard either.
    But, sometimes they just don't want to come off.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.