Home General Discussion
Options

B&M's in WV?

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I thought I'd do a little google searching for new B&M's to try next time I go down to good golly West Virginia. Searched the county I work in...nothing. Searched the region I work in...nothing. Searched the entire state...NOTHING! Google actually showed the town's dollar store as the only tobacco supplier in a 15 mile radius, which is not true. 

Looks like everything is across the boarder in Virginia. I know the tobacco taxes are a little cheaper over there, but FFS. I thought there would at least be one nearby to try! I'm talking the Northeast panhandle here; Capon Bridge to be specific.

@Rhamlin what's your area like? Are taxes that bad that no B&M's exist in the state or is google just being stupid? Looks like there might be a good market for a few shops to move in. If anyone knows of anything local let me know. I've already hit the two most popular in Winchester. 
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    So I thought I'd do a little google searching for new B&M's to try next time I go down to good golly West Virginia. Searched the county I work in...nothing. Searched the region I work in...nothing. Searched the entire state...NOTHING! Google actually showed the town's dollar store as the only tobacco supplier in a 15 mile radius, which is not true. 

Looks like everything is across the boarder in Virginia. I know the tobacco taxes are a little cheaper over there, but FFS. I thought there would at least be one nearby to try! I'm talking the Northeast panhandle here; Capon Bridge to be specific.

@Rhamlin what's your area like? Are taxes that bad that no B&M's exist in the state or is google just being stupid? Looks like there might be a good market for a few shops to move in. If anyone knows of anything local let me know. I've already hit the two most popular in Winchester. 
    There's 3 good ones I know of. Almost Havana in Hurricane which is my local shop,Tobacco town in Beaver, and Squires in south Charleston. All are great shops. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And taxes aren't to bad either. 
  • Options
    Aah okay so they're mainly down your way! I love that area so we'll have to get together for a herf once I move down.

Would love to open my own shop one day. Looks like northern WV would be a good market.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgantown, Clarksburg, or Bridgeport.
  • Options
    @deadman Hmmm...that didn't turn up anything on google. Do you know their names? 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:

Would love to open my own shop one day. Looks like northern WV would be a good market.
    Sorry, I was referring to this. These are bigger cities in northern WV.
  • Options
    Ohhh duh. I gotcha now, brother!