Home Non Cigar Related

Forged in Fire show

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone watch it?
I find myself watching it a lot lately.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it Tony but the previews I saw looked good
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to check it out. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like Forged in Fire. The creativity of some of the makers is astounding. I like making stuff and the show is about making stuff. The weapons aspect is kind of cool too. Since I have been watching the show metal is starting to show up in some of my work.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

A co-worker actually purchased a War Hammer made on one of the shows and used it for hunting Boar. 

Way above my skill level

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the show.  It amazing how they can craft beautiful weapons out of junk.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I watch every episode.
    I have 4 swords handcrafted by a guy on the eastern shore by the name of Charles Bowie. Can't find him on the internet by any search I come up with. They are excellent examples of the forging art. 
    You Tennesseans know of anyone who makes scabbards?
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to watch last night but it kept buffering, the WiFi at the AIRBNB here in Oahu is sloooow, but it looks like a great show, I'll watch at home.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch it all the time
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch it every week, I've made purchases from some of the contestants, I have quite a sword collection.
    I am going to have someone forge a suit of plate mail.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the craftsmanship, creativity, problem solving, etc.  It's fun to watch with my son.  We're always looking at stuff and saying "it will kill."  
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught one episode and it has a Chopped type format. Those guys are really skilled.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last episode was a big bust.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was a strange episode, for sure.  Nothing seemed to go right for anyone except the eventual winner.  His work looked nice at the end, but he never impressed me like other winners have.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch it all the time now. Never knew there were so many types of swords or knives.
    These people are really talented with what they create out of raw steel. I just wonder what they do with all the blades that get surrendered.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    My buddy Ryan was on this season. We used to blow glass together at Jacksonville University and he has picked up welding and blacksmithing recently.

Says here his name is Curtis...

:)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:

Hollywood Protection Program  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Wylaff said:
    MikeTodd said:
    My buddy Ryan was on this season. We used to blow glass together at Jacksonville University and he has picked up welding and blacksmithing recently.

LoL. I have no idea where he picked that shirt up at. His name is Ryan Rowe and he was on season 4 Episode 9 "The Charay". 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The name embroidered on his shirt. I was making a joke :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Wylaff said:
    The name embroidered on his shirt. I was making a joke :)
    I caught that after I posted. You must have read it while i was editing my mistake. Man you are quick!
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely love this show!!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!