Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...oY, you would DiG this BreW.....
  • Options
    Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    I enjoy an old school beer, not into bitter and super hopped beers.
    ill need to read up on this one. Grainbelt Premium with pizza the other day was good for me. 
  • Options
    AteupwithitAteupwithit Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Now that's fancy, a beer that comes with its own paper bag. 
    Hey Oy....That indeed is a pretty fancy beer.  8% abv, sweet & sour all at the same time.  Very complex. For those who care it is a Flemish old brown strong ale.    Fermented in an open vat 6 to 12 months with newer beer added to kick the fermentation off again....OK.  Too much useless info on a beer.  Its purty good if your inclined to like that kind of stuff which I am.....Stuck in the garage today sorting through car parts and trying to get stuff organized enough for me to pull the 454 out of that old vette this winter.  Probably gonna rebuild it in full out LS6 trim.  Just what an old fart like me needs....
  • Options
    Liefmans Goudenband is a beer for storing, and just keeps improving over the years like a fine wine. Even after ten years, this dark red beer tastes as fresh as ever. You’ll immediately pick up on the wonderful aromas of caramel, apple, rhubarb, cherries and malt. On the taste buds you will find hints of apple and cherries, combined with woody notes, while the aftertaste hints at nuts and dried raisins. The mildly acidic taste make this beer a perfect match for DeeZ-NUtZ
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    ill need to read up on this one. Grainbelt Premium with pizza the other day was good for me. 
    ....DarK Fruit, and that Apple Cider Vinegar Kick....8%-ABV.
  • Options
    Got my beer in a bag right here!
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    8% damn!
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Hey Oy....That indeed is a pretty fancy beer.  8% abv, sweet & sour all at the same time.  Very complex. For those who care it is a Flemish old brown strong ale.    Fermented in an open vat 6 to 12 months with newer beer added to kick the fermentation off again....OK.  Too much useless info on a beer.  Its purty good if your inclined to like that kind of stuff which I am.....Stuck in the garage today sorting through car parts and trying to get stuff organized enough for me to pull the 454 out of that old vette this winter.  Probably gonna rebuild it in full out LS6 trim.  Just what an old fart like me needs....
    ....Hey Duke, have you tasted this Beer?
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    Liefmans Goudenband is a beer for storing, and just keeps improving over the years like a fine wine. Even after ten years, this dark red beer tastes as fresh as ever. You’ll immediately pick up on the wonderful aromas of caramel, apple, rhubarb, cherries and malt. On the taste buds you will find hints of apple and cherries, combined with woody notes, while the aftertaste hints at nuts and dried raisins. The mildly acidic taste make this beer a perfect match for DeeZ-NUtZ
    Yeah, but who the hell can have that and not drink it??  10 years??  I am lucky if a bottle of whatever survives at my house longer than 10 days....
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    oY, we ALL know yo to Big a PuZZy to diNk the Colt.....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Hey Craig.  That one has been on my radar but I have yet to try it.  I am trying to work my way through those beers that are brewed in places by people who have been doing it much longer than the US has been a country......That said, I am a bit of a IPA ****.  Especially anything with citrus hops.....I have a Ballast Point monkey on my back I am having an especially hard time shaking...lol.....
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    I think we should organize an Edward 40-hands invitational tournament.  Really haven't thought it through much past that tho....lol.....
  • Options

• Options
    My Friends show uP here with ALL kind'z of BreW'z.......
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    I need me a plane ticket.......lol.....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    ....Brother, I'Z DO MISS YA ........
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    TruDog said:
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Unfortunately, no.  The Deschutes Dessident is the only one I have had in that style.  It was a little boozy at 11% plus for my taste...that and it really didn't qualify as the brewer is relatively new to the craft....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Unfortunately, no.  The Deschutes Dessident is the only one I have had in that style.  It was a little boozy at 11% plus for my taste...that and it really didn't qualify as the brewer is relatively new to the craft....
    Not super Expensive, $10 bills here...has the vinegar Twang that I enjoy.
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Not super Expensive, $10 bills here...has the vinegar Twang that I enjoy.
    Nice.  I am going to track down a bottle.  Still trying to figure out what the Texas equivalent to Party Towne is here.....
  • Options
    Couple Kid'Z off the deck...
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    ....Brother, I'Z DO MISS YA ........
    Geography is a be-atch......
  • Options
    Getting ready to fire up the traeger.  Chicken breast and corn on the cob.  Low degree of difficulty but a good excuse to hang outside for a while with a stick and some alcohol of significant content.....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Couple Kid'Z off the deck...
    Had a few running around my yard also
  • Options
    Whatdoyathink? Stain color is called tobacco. 
  • Options
    Ozzy73Ozzy73 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    GAY BEER ON BROADWAY. ....across from the sex shop. ...good job oy...free blunt?
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    I think its perfect... Nice job Oy.....
  • Options
    Really nothing like a Texas thunder storm rolling in.  Lighting and rain hard enough to strangle a dang frog......sheesh....
  • Options
    Just got everything on the Traeger and in it comes.....Glad my laptop is out of the fray.....this bose speaker is weather proof as well cause this storm is flat kickin my arse.....
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    ....Yo oY, DiG iT Home'Z.....
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    TruDog said:
    Had me some Grainbelt and pizza in Minnepolis myself.  Also enjoyed the original Juicy Lucy - tasty.