Home Non Cigar Related

Went to Fort Macon today

deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got to see the musket demonstration, Wednesday they will be doing one of the cannons.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome clay pipes

WWII era cigarettes

Sometimes I can't believe she listens to me. You think she'd know better by now. 

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That look pretty amazing. I need to make it out to the east coast someday. 
    edited August 2017
    A lot of military in this area. Fort Bragg isn't too far away and Camp Lajeune is about 20-30 minutes south. Coast Guard has a station beside Fort Macon.

U.S.S North Carolina is open to the public in Wilmington.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever make it to Delaware you've got to take the ferry out to Peapatch Island and see Fort Delaware. It's run by the NPS and you can go anywhere within the fort, providing you have your own flashlight for the dungeon.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Last time I was here you could see the research vessel just off the coast excavating the Queen Anne's Revenge. 
    deadman said:
    Last time I was here you could see the research vessel just off the coast excavating the Queen Anne's Revenge. 
    She was a beautiful frigate in her day.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Nick. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I have to drive home today, but I'm coming back Wednesday to finish the week. 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics, @deadman, love that area on the coast!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    Great pics, @deadman, love that area on the coast!!!
    Thanks, yeah we love it too. Someday we'd like to get a house there,  just over on the mainland. 
    Cape Lookout Lighthouse 

The island in the last picture is Shackleford. It has wild horses.

We went there first. About 120 wild horses. 
    Puts me in mind of Asateague Island. Glad you guys are enjoying your vacation Nick. Thanks for sharing the photos 
    Back to reality. We have to go home today.
    edited August 2017
    There's a good size BM here and a few towns down. I believe I'll have to accidentally pull into one. 
    It'll be a good educational experience for your youngsters on self restraint lol.