Home General Discussion

Bigshizza

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all, I know some of you already know this but @Bigshizza is in the hospital having knee surgery. Just spoke to Mrs. Shizza and things are going well, but if you have a moment and are so inclined to send a prayer his way he'd appreciate it. And of course if you have a prayer for the Mrs. too I'm sure she'd appreciate that as well. Not into prayer? Then dig deep into your stash and smoke a good one for the man...
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for the @Bigshizza one of the nicest guys ever, praying for quick recovery!!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ones for you buddy:  

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knee mail on the way
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending prayers to the Shizza family for a speedy recovery with the alleviation of much arthritis pain. Might just have to pull out a Shiz Sampler stick tonight as a toast. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Just spoke to his wife.  He's about halfway through surgery with several hours still to go.  He started at 930 this morning! 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, he had back surgery or something a couple months ago. Will pray for speedy recovery. I don't pray much but I'll pray for Jim.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    This is the back surgery, I believe. Or that is up next.
    Prayers going out to you, Big Jim.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Get yourself healed up Jim.

It's that rehab thing he talks about that scares the bejeebies outta me.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything heals nicely Jim and pain free.  Get well soon.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he had hip surgery and know this is knee replacement. Good luck brother. Praying for you. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be praying for you Jim and later will consecrate it with smoke. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Stay StronG and Get Well Soon Bigshizza.
    Surgery went well. Ten hours in all!  And yes back not knee.   That's what happens when my fingers work faster than my brain. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news, thanks for keeping us posted, Eric.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot Woot!! Great news. Here's to a speedy recovery. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well. 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Get well, having had 2 back surgeries, I can sort of feel your pain, however everyone has their own pain. Stay strong brother!!!!! Praying for you big guy!
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for ya Jim. Get well soon buddy 
    Jim was over last month and we smoked and ate and drank sitting on my crappy chairs on the deck. I could tell he was hurting a lot. It will be good when he is all fixed so he can go back to causing mischief of one kind (or another). 
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck Jim

Thoughts and prayers man!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I sent him a text just to let him know I was thinking of and praying for him and his wife.  I'm sure he'll get it at some point.   Glad everything went well. Thanks E for being a great friend to our Jim!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying all goes well!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kumbaya Shizza, kumbaya. 

Let us know when your well Buddy.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be in our prayers.  I hope all goes well.
    @Echambers what is the latest on Bigshizza, still in my prayers.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they found a way to clone that guys heart when they had him down. Quick healing Jim.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @Bigshizza Great news... Prayers to you on a speedy recovery
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything went well and he's healing good. 
    Keeping the big brother in my thoughts. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.