Home Non Cigar Related

Iphone question

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lately, when I'm texting someone with my iPhone 5S in landscape mode, if I rotate it or otherwise move it a bit, it'll revert to portrait mode and I can't get it to go back to landscape by just rotating. I have to go back out to my list of other texts, rotate, and come back in. I didn't make any changes that I'm aware of so I don't know what's happening here. 

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try shutting it down and restarting it.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto @dirtdude's answer. If that don't work you could try clearing your cache. Had to do it to my Galaxy phone last week when it went haywire. Made the phone a bit faster too. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounded good to me so first I did the reset thingy where you hold both power and home buttons down until the screen goes black and then the Apple logo comes back. That didn't work so I then just turned it off for about five minutes and turned it back on. 

Neither worked. The weird thing is that it only happens when I'm in texting mode. Any other page, mailbox, game, etc., they all work normally but not in texting. Strange......

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it do a recent update? Just had my daughter try hers and it worked normally. 

You can also look up hard restart for iphone, not sure what the difference is though.
    Also, before I posted, I even tried giving it a few good, rotational shakes since ya have to rotate the phone to change modes. That didn't work, either. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    You don't have the rotate lock on do you?

If you see Orientation Lock icon in Control Center in the status bar, Orientation Lock is on. To turn it off, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center, then tap Orientation Lock icon.

Look up in the top right corner and see if the rotate symbol is there. If so it is locked.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

All I see in the top right corner, whether I'm in portrait or landscape, is the little letter 'i' with a circle around it. I think that means 'information' but I'm not sure. 
    edited August 2017

1: Toggle Orientation Lock On & Off

Though this may seem like a no-brainer, it’s not terribly uncommon to either forget that the orientation lock is on (or off), and it’s easy to double-check. Also, sometimes just toggling the switch off/on again is enough to dislodge a device stuck in either horizontal landscape or vertical portrait mode. For the iPad, just flip the side-switch ON and OFF again. Or you can do it through software as follows:In iOS 6 and before:

• Double-tap the Home button to summon the multitasking bar, and scroll to the left until you see the Orientation Lock button
    • Tap the button to toggle it ON and OFF again, then go back to the app that was stuck and try rotating to the desired orientation again
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Well the picture won't show when i save it. MMMM

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

IOS6 and before?  I'm running 10.3.3. Just FYI......