Home Cigar 101

Hard spots while smoking

Been smoking for about 10 years , I enjoy a variety , Rocky , Guhrka , My Father , Romeo
Of course the Monte;s just to name a few
Why is it when smoking from time to time the cigar gets a hard spot while smoking
Is it a vain , stem?? Am I doing something wrong

Answers

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and no.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key word to the cigars we smoke is HAND rolled, meaning rolled by a person.  As Forest Gump stated "**** happens".
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handmade product, it's going to happen from time to time.  
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes a gentle massage or a piercing (with a cigar draw tool) can help, sometimes aging helps, sometimes it's just a lost cause. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Sometimes a gentle massage or a piercing (with a cigar draw tool) can help, sometimes aging helps, sometimes it's just a lost cause. 
    Dead on.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key word to the cigars we smoke is HAND rolled, meaning rolled by a person.  As Forest Gump stated "**** happens".
    Yabbut... this schidt doesn't just happen by accident, and it's so easily avoided. Here's an amateur roller's view:

1) Don 't let your leaves twist when you bunch them. 
    2) Don't think you need a stick hard as a rock.

I used to make a lot of tight at the pointy foot of a fecto. But the body of a stick, or anywhere on a parejo, it's just super easy to avoid a plug. Home rolled, you are way more apt to make a soft spot than a hard spot. You pay good money, you want la torcedora to make them so they draw.

A fair number of Cubans seem made plugged... the whole length. Their rollers are prolly rated on how much leaf they can stuff in a given stick. Silly. But if your stick's plugged just in one place, I say it's prolly a twisted entubado. Entubado is where you roll each leaf into a tube, then combine the tubes into a bunch. Twist that bundle of tubes and you have a plug.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop watching the"hottest movie scan ever"   

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.