Home General Discussion

50-75% Off Sale

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
In case anybody's interesred, a certain famous smoke shop is offering huge discounts on some box and bundle sets today only.

Shoot me a pm if you didn't get my subtle hint.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva V coronas for $3.75 a stick? Dammit, my CAS is kicking in again.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good reminder, Bob, I think we've been lax about this for a while.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright I understand. It wasn't my intent to deter business from our gracious host, CCOM. In the future I'll shoot out a PM to those I think may be interested if I see an item not related to this site. 

Would you guys consider the Craigslist and Ebay items inappropriate to post here? 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Question/discussion for everyone,......Whatever happened to reminding people on the forum (usually newbies) that it was bad form to promote other retailers on here? And reminding them of the reason why,..... BECAUSE cigar.com hosts this forum for us and we want to respect and show appreciation for that. Sure, we all shop around but this thread from the start is rude to the host. Here lately we've allowed more of this to happen without anyone saying anything. We used to say something whenever this happened. 

Think about it this way,....  It would be rude to walk in to your local B&M's lounge and announce to the whole room that the B&M across town has a fantastic sale or whatever. It's just rude.  
    I see both sides. As a consumer I want the best deals possible. Being this is a public forum about cigars I don't think it's rude to discuss cigar prices or deals. I understand cigar.com is a retailer but I have on occasion asked about box match prices and and they couldn't/wouldn't do it. That's on them. I no longer buy from ccom but I do enjoy you guys company so here I am. I will continue to share deals with people and I mostly do it in pms's but I don't think a public share is the end of the world.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Markwell said:
    Alright I understand. It wasn't my intent to deter business from our gracious host, CCOM. In the future I'll shoot out a PM to those I think may be interested if I see an item not related to this site. 

Would you guys consider the Craigslist and Ebay items inappropriate to post here? 
    I did not assume you meant anything but to help out your fellow botl. (And I should have said so in my first post.) I appreciate that effort on your part but objected for the reasons I stated. Heck, I even went looking at the deals you referenced. I apologize if I seemed harsh.

I think most Craigslist and Ebay items would be appropriate to post.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

I did not assume you meant anything but to help out your fellow botl. (And I should have said so in my first post.) I appreciate that effort on your part but objected for the reasons I stated. Heck, I even went looking at the deals you referenced. I apologize if I seemed harsh.

I think most Craigslist and Ebay items would be appropriate to post.
    That's alright - no harm done. I'd rather get called out on something at the gate then to jeopardize the hospitality of our host site. 
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I don't get mad, I just put stuff on sale.

https://www.cigar.com/shop/40offselectalecbradleyboxes/2000829/

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to crank out the sales @timb
    A little dirt never hurt