Home Non Cigar Related

Button up Texas.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hurricane Harvey 'Quickly Strengthening,' Expected To Make Landfall In Texas As Major Storm

You guys stay safe. Protect the cigars.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe out there guys.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already got prepped, generator ready etc. Where I live looks like winds only around 20mph but predicting 12-18" of rain, other forecasts say 18-24" of rain. Hope we don't lose power for a month like after Hurricane Ike. Ike was bad real bad.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe.  We're overdue for one here on the Cape. I don't like hurricanes.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

B)  Hope JJ is somewhere safe, drinkin cheap beer & smoking good cigars!!!,

Lemme know if you need a place to stay. I got a van u can use.  

Be safe everyone!

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're saying it's going to hover for a few days. Hopefully everyone is prepared or left the area.
    Harvey update!!!

Houston is completely f***ed!! I'm in North West Harris county and up here we got 22.22" of rain so far. So post to rain through Wednesday predicting 30"+ of rain total. One neighbors house in my neighborhood is under water, 4 others are starting to flood!

Creek behind are house has become a river.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen many pictures on twitter. Unreal. My prayers go out to the city where I was born.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers out to everyone out there 
    Update
    22.80" of rain, water still rising behind house, has a long way to go but this is the worst it's ever flooded here. Power went out 2 hours ago, have a feeling it's going to be out for quite awhile...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Update
    22.80" of rain, water still rising behind house, has a long way to go but this is the worst it's ever flooded here. Power went out 2 hours ago, have a feeling it's going to be out for quite awhile...
    How about now? Can you give updates? News coverage looks serious. Hope you're still dry. 
    Update
    Still raining, wind picking up here due to Harvey moving back into the gulf. Power is still out here, were on the back side of the neighborhood on a different line then the rest of the neighborhood, caught the repair crew outside assessing the situation, said tree on down line, power will be out for a couple days but 500 people are coming from out of state to help the power company fix outages. 

Houston is completely f***** the city and the greater Houston area is a complete disaster. To put this in perspective, people that never flood have 5 feet of water or more in the road and their houses are about to flood or are flooded. A lot of these people probably don't have flood insurance as they would have never thought they would ever need it.

All flood records have been broken.

^Harveys not even done yet.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Praying for less rain. 
    Correction, alot of Texas is completely F*****
    Bob_Luken said:
    Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Praying for less rain. 
    Not a problem and I feel very fortunate compared to others, your prayers are greatly appreciated!
    They just said on the radio here you guys got 9 trillion gallons of rain and going to get another 5-10 trillion gallons. 

Saw this on LinkedIn
    Update

Powers still out here at the house but the generator is still running strong.

This sucks but could be worse a lot worse I can't even imagine what the people in Houston are going through, local news said over 500,000 people had to evacuate and most have nowhere to go, most can't even get out of the city, most roadways are still majorly flooded.

The major news channels don't even have a clue what's going on or how bad it really is.
    Offical Last Update!

Final rain total 31.12". Power to the house was restored 3 hours ago. Big thank you to the PAR Electrical Contractors all the way down from the state of Missouri for getting the down line fixed and power back on.

I was getting ready to take all my cigars to a neighbor to store in their house till power came back on, was getting concerned about beetles, was @ 80* in the house today, hopefully none will hatch out but will be keeping a very close eye on everything.

I feel very blessed life for me is back to normal, so many people lost everything.

I could careless about losing all my cigars when so many have lost everything!      
    Glad you got power back.
    deadman said:
    Glad you got power back.
    Thanks man, last time it was 3 weeks without power after hurricane Ike. I feel very fortunate, the small things like power, A/C, running water, etc. we take for granted until we lose them.   
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY 
    As Texas unites in show of humanity, thugs swoop in to scam flood victims

Now this is just plain disgusting.
    The governor said days ago anyone caught ripping people off will get the maximum penalties. 
    I hope photos and addresses of the human garbage ripping people off are published. That is one shaming we can all get behind.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Kid said:

Be safe everyone!

,cigars are high and dry here my son, lmao  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2VIEY9-A8

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    Is this "button up Texas" or bottoms up Texas" 

Either way we all feel better now

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, wrong thread. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    @yakster I think it was a nice surprise
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cute as a button"
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030 said:
    The_Kid said:

Be safe everyone!

,cigars are high and dry here my son, lmao 

Glad to hear it!, was worried bout ya. I pictured you waist deep in water pulling a raft loaded with ice chests and humi's,,lol
    Still got the same addy?