Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bigshizza
    The BC wildfires have smoke clear down here since Friday.
    Causing quite a few problems with some folks.
    I can just imaging what it is like as far north as you are.
    But on the flip side, it's made for some pretty spectacular sunsets.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 inches of rain, but temps great here for August. talked to a friend in Wyoming and they have a fire 75 miles away but they still had to seal the windows to keep the smoke out.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    It's 91 IN my house!!
    I'm melting.
    Almost tempted to go buy an air conditioner.

I have to go out to my truck and start it and run the AC to get cool.

Odd weather here.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    This weather is causing some serious problems in the Northwest.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    We, here on the East coast now have Hurricane Irma to think about. Could become a catagory 5 storm. Due to hit the outer islands of Haiti, Puerto Rico, Bahama's etc first then slam into Florida before moving up the coast. Talked to a friend in Jacksonville and they some models are showing it making a bee line for them. And who says there is no Global warming? The way the weather has been changing is ridiculous. Maybe fire & brimstone IS on the way.
    We just had the smoke roll in from all the fires. Looks almost like fog with the sun barely peaking through it. Kind of wild. 

Be careful. Hurricanes have a way of devastating things quickly, as has been seen in the past week.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weather finally broke, had a couple of 106+ days here and power outages, but today was a nice day.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in a week we got a breeze, and it was blowing at such an obscure angle that it didn't hit any of my windows. This weather sucks.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited September 2017
    The smoke from the fires is so thick today that it's like a heavy fog.
    This is crazy.
    I may have to go to Salem area tomorrow to cover, as some of the guys are being shifted east to the fires. Gotta love it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    This is crazy.
    I may have to go to Salem area tomorrow to cover, as some of the guys are being shifted east to the fires. Gotta love it.
    Give it two months, Tony. You'll be plowing the white stuff :)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    edited September 2017
    Markwell said:
    0patience said:
    This is crazy.
    Give it two months, Tony. You'll be plowing the white stuff :)
    I'll take the smoke.
    I'd much rather be too warm, than freezing my area off.
    I once had to wear gloves in Alaska working on equipment, not so much to keep your hands warm, but to keep the cold metal from ripping your skin off.
    You only have to do that once to learn.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleasant with light constant breeze. I guess this is the calm before the storm. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 87 degrees, raining and the wind is picking up. If Irma stays west good for us, but folks on the gulf will get hammered.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    92 degrees with horrible air quality because of 136 wildfires in BC

Wildfires and hurricanes. Heck of a combination. 
    And both sides of congress getting in the way. 
    But, we know that Americans will pull together and get it done.
    I am amazed at the constant relief efforts pouring in from everywhere.
    From individuals too corporations, it is a sight to see.

And I hope that when everything is close to being back to normal the thief's, fake charities, looters and all the other cockroaches are hunted down and put on public display.
    Some of my wife's friends are at Disney and decided to just stay and ride it out. Wow.

Diver43 said:
    It is 87 degrees, raining and the wind is picking up. If Irma stays west good for us, but folks on the gulf will get hammered.
    Stay safe @Diver43
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to say it on 2 posts.......but hour north of Tampa here. Going to be interesting. 
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WET
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Sunny and 69 here. Last night was a beaut at 48 with starry skies. Wish it were like this year round.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    edited September 2017
    Cool and cloudy here. Does not feel like September.

70 degrees today. Calling for nice weather all weekend. And 5 days off.
    Kind of digging it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    26 degrees and windy last night with a heavy dusting of the white stuff, first snow. 50 degrees this AM in my studio. Got the woodstove burning and I'm wearing lots of layers. Supposed to be 60 degrees in a couple of days. NC mountain weather.  
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOM it got cold.
    26 degrees and windy last night with a heavy dusting of the white stuff, first snow. 50 degrees this AM in my studio. Got the woodstove burning and I'm wearing lots of layers. Supposed to be 60 degrees in a couple of days. NC mountain weather.  
    Your starting out a little early for snow aren't you? 26 degrees , hope you got plenty of wood in. I just got 2 cords plus the cord and a half I have left from last year. Hopefully that will hold me.

Not as bad as the mountains but it got to freezing in Charlotte this morning. Calling for 76 this Saturday. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High of 70, Low of 35. Not bad at all. Next week we won't get above 40...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    50's for highs and 30's for lows. We're getting into my kind of weather! Uncle Jim down in WV had snow today. Told him to send it on up!
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    High 80. Low around 60. Just got the back patio prepared for the smokes I will enjoy over the next 5 months. Saturday I will attend a My Father/Tatuaje event to purchase yummyness. Can’t wait 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowing today supposed drop tonight to 13. Not a fan.
    Bigshizza said:
    Snowing today supposed drop tonight to 13. Not a fan.
    Where  you at?????? Damn 13 degrees on 11/5 You must be in Alaska or some place like that cold.